Anchorage-Vancouver-Anchorage

masscruiser2010

This summer, we are doing a seven night cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver on Royal Princess immediately followed by a seven night cruise from Vancouver to Anchorage.  We have booked the same cabin on both cruises.  Will we have to get off the ship in Vancouver and go through Canadian immigration?  Will we be able to leave our belongings in our cabin in Vancouver?  What about Covid testing, both for entry to Canada and reboarding the ship?  Love to hear from someone who has done this (except for the Covid testing) in 2019.

Your stuff can stay.   Because the US does preclearance at Vancouver, you will most likely have a similar turnaround to those in US ports - you can either exit and return at your leisure as a transit passenger, or exit and immediately reboard having cleared immigration and customs en masse with other transit passengers who wish to spend the day aboard.  

Testing is a crapshoot - it’s likely Canada will see the light about surface antigen testing before cruise season or will make some accommodations for those touching Canada only long enough for formalities. 

Gotta say though, as turnaround ports go, Vancouver is absolutely among the most interesting, with so many opportunities within walking distance of the pier or easily accessible via cab or transit.   I would be fighting to be first off the ship and they’d be greeting me by name, somewhat archly, as I sauntered back on to the ship with a few minutes to spare.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, chrysalis said:

I suspect that you will also hit Victoria enroute to Vancouver, and if that is the case you will go thru Canadian customs and immigration there, and then US Customs and immigration in Vancouver before you head north into the USA

No longer do all of the 7 day Alaska north and south voyages out of or into Vancouver go to Victoria. I have b2b Vancouver - Anchorage in August and no Victoria stop either direction