Steakhouse Cheesecake - recipe?

BigB0882

Apologies if this has been covered, I searched and found something from 2013 but the recipe wasn't posted.

We were recently on a Carnival Cruise (Glory) and one night we enjoyed an amazing meal at the Steakhouse.  The cheesecake was the best I have ever had.  It had such an amazing texture, very light and fluffy and was quite full of lemon flavor.  I normally don't even care for lemon!  Anyway., I know Carnival often shares their recipes.  Would anyone happen to have this recipe?  I would be so grateful!  I thought about reaching out to John Heald but figured I would try here first.

It IS SO YUMMY...I do not believe I have ever consumed at the table; it is always eaten at midnight on the balcony but that just makes it all the better...

A bit of a shame too in that I always want to try the table art dessert but can never say no to the Cheesecake....lol

55 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

It IS SO YUMMY...I do not believe I have ever consumed at the table; it is always eaten at midnight on the balcony but that just makes it all the better...

A bit of a shame too in that I always want to try the table art dessert but can never say no to the Cheesecake....lol

It really is, hoping someone will have the recipe!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the correct recipe, but we received a cookbook at the Chef's Table on Carnival Conquest in 2011.  The book is called Carnival Creations (Cruise Cuisine from Carnival Chefs).  It is the first edition copywrite 1996.  On page 138 is this recipe:

Cheesecake

This cheesecake stands alone. The strawberry sauce, however, stands on tradition.
3 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened 3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cornstarch

1-1/4 tsp. lemon juice

1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 eggs

3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
16 strawberry slices Strawberry sauce*
Heat oven to 325 degrees. In large mixer bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, scraping sides of bowl often. Add sugar and sour cream; beat until smooth and well blended. Beat in cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Beat in eggs, one at a time; con­tinue beating until smooth and creamy.
On low speed beat in milk. Pour into lightly greased 9-inch Springform pan. Place shallow pan half full of water on lower oven rack. Place cheesecake on middle oven rack. Bake 1 hour or until set.
Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Cut cheesecake into 8 slices. Pipe whipped cream rosette on each slice; garnish with strawberry. Serve with strawberry sauce.

Serves 16
*See Chef's Notes

Hope that helps some.

Tim

8 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Thats because if you ate it all at the table in one sitting, you either will a) get diabetes immediately, or b) fall over dead. Its sooooo damn good, and they give you like a 3 pound slab of it 😄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigB0882 said:

Apologies if this has been covered, I searched and found something from 2013 but the recipe wasn't posted.

We were recently on a Carnival Cruise (Glory) and one night we enjoyed an amazing meal at the Steakhouse.  The cheesecake was the best I have ever had.  It had such an amazing texture, very light and fluffy and was quite full of lemon flavor.  I normally don't even care for lemon!  Anyway., I know Carnival often shares their recipes.  Would anyone happen to have this recipe?  I would be so grateful!  I thought about reaching out to John Heald but figured I would try here first.

Funny but true story. My wife and I were on the Glory for a Christmas cruise in 2018. If the ship has a steakhouse we ALWAYS make reservation, well in advance and did so on the Glory. We get our favorite steak dinner, mine is the cowboy steak, hers is the surf and turf and for dessert I always get the delicious (IMHO) cheesecake she gets the chocolate tasting tray. There was a party of four, sitting beside us ( 2 couples) We always spilt the cheesecake and she'll eat her chocolate tray by herself. As we were finishing up our entree' I heard one couple at the table beside us EACH order a piece of cheesecake. The server smiled and said, 'The cheesecake's a pretty big serving, are you sure you want one apiece'. The man said, 'Oh sure, I love cheesecake, I'll eat mine and even some of hers', pointing to his SO. The server just smiled and said fine and left. I grinned at my wife and mouthed, 'I bet they've never eaten the cheesecake'. My wife nodded her head in agreement. When the server brough the platter with the two cheesecake servings, placing one in front of each of the couple, the man's wife whispered ' Ohhhhhhhhhh MY Goodness ! I had NO idea !!' The server took our dessert orders and left. The man and his wife EACH took about two folk fulls of cheesecake but admitted to each other they were pretty much full from their dinner and didn't want any more of their dessert. The server mentioned IF they wanted the remainder of each portion, the kitchen could package it to go for later. T he couple looked at each other, and decided no, they weren't interested and as much as they hated to send it back, they couldn't eat another bite. I guess the kitchen sees a lot of this, people whose eyes are bigger than their stomachs. Still, that was a LOT of good cheesecake to waste.

Mac

7 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Funny but true story. My wife and I were on the Glory for a Christmas cruise in 2018. If the ship has a steakhouse we ALWAYS make reservation, well in advance and did so on the Glory. We get our favorite steak dinner, mine is the cowboy steak, hers is the surf and turf and for dessert I always get the delicious (IMHO) cheesecake she gets the chocolate tasting tray. There was a party of four, sitting beside us ( 2 couples) We always spilt the cheesecake and she'll eat her chocolate tray by herself. As we were finishing up our entree' I heard one couple at the table beside us EACH order a piece of cheesecake. The server smiled and said, 'The cheesecake's a pretty big serving, are you sure you want one apiece'. The man said, 'Oh sure, I love cheesecake, I'll eat mine and even some of hers', pointing to his SO. The server just smiled and said fine and left. I grinned at my wife and mouthed, 'I bet they've never eaten the cheesecake'. My wife nodded her head in agreement. When the server brough the platter with the two cheesecake servings, placing one in front of each of the couple, the man's wife whispered ' Ohhhhhhhhhh MY Goodness ! I had NO idea !!' The server took our dessert orders and left. The man and his wife EACH took about two folk fulls of cheesecake but admitted to each other they were pretty much full from their dinner and didn't want any more of their dessert. The server mentioned IF they wanted the remainder of each portion, the kitchen could package it to go for later. T he couple looked at each other, and decided no, they weren't interested and as much as they hated to send it back, they couldn't eat another bite. I guess the kitchen sees a lot of this, people whose eyes are bigger than their stomachs. Still, that was a LOT of good cheesecake to waste.

Mac

See, when it comes to the steakhouse cheesecake, i'm like John Candy in the Great Outdoors eating the old 96er 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PlanoTim said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct recipe, but we received a cookbook at the Chef's Table on Carnival Conquest in 2011.  The book is called Carnival Creations (Cruise Cuisine from Carnival Chefs).  It is the first edition copywrite 1996.  On page 138 is this recipe:

Cheesecake

This cheesecake stands alone. The strawberry sauce, however, stands on tradition.

Does it not have a crust?  I've never seen a cheesecake without a crust.  None is mentioned in that recipe.

10 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Does it not have a crust?  I've never seen a cheesecake without a crust.  None is mentioned in that recipe.

The recipe doesn't mention a crust and there is no picture for this recipe in the book. I don't recall if the steakhouse cheesecake has a crust - not all do.  The book was from 1996 and I think that may have been before the steakhouses came to Carnival.

Tim