Mariner 1/28/22 and Labadee!

Meem47

Mariner of the Seas Review 1/28/22-2/3/22 

We were in our first Grand Suite on Deck 10 and had a fantastic trip! This was our first cruise since October 2019.  It was soooo good to be back onboard. As with all trips, there are pros and cons. We most definitely have a lot of pros this trip and can’t wait to sail again! Only 1900 guests on board so about 50% capacity.  We heard from Captain 4 cases of COVID among guests. This was our first cruise since October 2019.  It was soooo good to be back onboard. As with all trips, there are pros and cons. We most definitely have a lot of pros this trip and can’t wait to sail again! 

Our stop in Nassau was canceled due to the weather causing a lot of issues in the Atlantic…a strong low pressure system like that is known for throwing off sunny weather so we were expecting it.  We have been to Jamaica so we only got off in the port for a few things (coffee, cigars, you know haha) and enjoyed some fierce humidity and sunshine! Weather was gorgeous.  We were the second ship to visit Labadee since March 2020 and had a great time! Suite guests are able to enjoy Barefoot Beach and this was as added and unknown perk to the trip.  What a great day!

Suite Lounge and concierge was excellent.  Our steward was great and we very much enjoyed our first suite.  Drinks in Suite Lounge were strong and food was great!   

We only went to MDR once, and to be honest it was not good.  We are not ones to complain, but the meals were just not up to par at all.  The meal was so bland, and even the creme brûlée seemed off.  Hmm not sure but hopefully just growing pains as they get back on their feet.   Surprised that they were seating traditionally with shared tables with COVID being such a risk at the moment.  

Windjammer was pretty good…though they are really discouraging allergies in there it seems now. I have Celiac and the cross contamination I witnessed was quite astounding.  Royal was previously amazing at accommodating celiac and other allergies, but if it weren’t for staying in a suite, I would only have been able to eat in Speciality Dining and MDR for all meals.  

Chops and Jaimie’s were great! Heard many not great reviews on Jaimies and we really enjoyed it.  Excellent.  Drinks were strong, but expensive without a drink package. Added gratuity put most drinks at around $15. I don’t drink much so it’s not financially worth it for me to get drink package, especially with free drinks in suite lounge. 

Overall it was a great trip! Looking forward to the next one. 

1271744F-3546-4A7D-BDC3-7A9C27043751.jpeg

BB025C43-15AA-4324-9CD1-CB6E0A7639FA.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

On Mariner next Saturday- 2/12  Can't wait.. How were the Shows, entertainment and Activities?

We thought they were good! The Goddess show was awesome…Monique is a great singer.  Ice show was good…activities were scaled back since reduced capacity but still had Bingo and Trivia, etc. Felt normal. 

On 2/5/2022 at 1:22 PM, Meem47 said:

We thought they were good! The Goddess show was awesome…Monique is a great singer.  Ice show was good…activities were scaled back since reduced capacity but still had Bingo and Trivia, etc. Felt normal. 

Any chance you priced a cabana on Barefoot Beach?

22 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I did - posted pics of the list the concierge handed out in my thread when I was onboard.  over the water is $649 now.  Others are less as you back off the water.

Thank you. I saw your review after I posted my question. Last time I was at Barefoot, the furthest cabanas from yours in your picture had been wiped out by one of the big storms. It was my favorite.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:25 PM, Meem47 said:

C29DF1AA-263D-4A87-B885-36CE30B02A6B.jpeg

I think that's one of my company's pool tables, we also do Shuffleboards at Playmakers and the Blue and Fluorescent "Hot Flash" Air Hockey tables found in many a Royal Caribbean arcade, but not seen a pool table.  Granted, they're not as special as those self-levelers on the Radiance class ships.

#1574 was our GS on Mariner long, long ago...

• Like 2