Free RCI excursion

I have an upcoming cruise in the fall and I noticed that one of the beach/city tour excursions has a cost of $0.00 per person.  It allowed me to reserve and "pay" for it through the planner and it shows up in my purchase history.  I was thinking this may be some type of glitch, but its been that way for several weeks now.  I am thinking that eventually they may find the mistake, cancel the excursion, and then make me reserve it again at the actual going rate.  Has anyone ever seen a free excursion before?

5 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I have an upcoming cruise in the fall and I noticed that one of the beach/city tour excursions has a cost of $0.00 per person.  It allowed me to reserve and "pay" for it through the planner and it shows up in my purchase history.  I was thinking this may be some type of glitch, but its been that way for several weeks now.  I am thinking that eventually they may find the mistake, cancel the excursion, and then make me reserve it again at the actual going rate.  Has anyone ever seen a free excursion before?

The only free excursion (?) that I received was some years ago when the Anthem rather than head to see made a left turn and up the Hudson River for a nice view of Lady Liberty, Ellis Island and the  NYC/Jersey skyline before heading to sea.😊

Edited by nelblu

I had that happen a few years ago.  Three weeks later I got an email with the corrected prices and a balance due.  No explanation, just a copy the same email showing all of our excursions, but now this one included the costs and we were given a choice of English language.

.. . . . DAY 5
16-May-2019
St. Petersburg, Russia

Grand St. Petersburg with Hermitage (SPANISH LANGUAGE ONLY)
08:30 AM

Total Cost: 0.00 USD

Guaranteed Language: English

GUEST NAME PAYMENT FORM OF PAYMENT
XXXXXX XXXXX 0.00 N/A
XXXXXX XXXXX 0.00 N/A. . . . .
  • Haha 1

As an update, I received the following today:

Dear Guest,

On February 14th, 2022, we uncovered a glitch in our Cruise Planner system where the Cas Abao Beach & Scenic Drive in Curacao displayed as available to purchase at $0 USD for your sailing. This error has now been resolved, and the tour price has been adjusted to reflect the correct pricing.

As a result, we've cancelled your Cruise Planner reservation for the impacted tour. However, we're providing you with a $20 USD non-refundable Onboard Credit for the inconvenience. You can expect to see the credit reflected on your reservation in 3 business days. Please feel free to use this credit in Cruise Planner to rebook or explore other tours for your sailing.

We're sorry for any confusion caused by this but appreciate your understanding. We can't wait to welcome you onboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

As an update, I received the following today:

Dear Guest,

On February 14th, 2022, we uncovered a glitch in our Cruise Planner system where the Cas Abao Beach & Scenic Drive in Curacao displayed as available to purchase at $0 USD for your sailing. This error has now been resolved, and the tour price has been adjusted to reflect the correct pricing.

As a result, we've cancelled your Cruise Planner reservation for the impacted tour. However, we're providing you with a $20 USD non-refundable Onboard Credit for the inconvenience. You can expect to see the credit reflected on your reservation in 3 business days. Please feel free to use this credit in Cruise Planner to rebook or explore other tours for your sailing.

We're sorry for any confusion caused by this but appreciate your understanding. We can't wait to welcome you onboard!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

At least you got something of value.

• Like 1