Vatican Pre-cruise Tour

okiedrifters

I know there are lots of post regarding tours of the Vatican…I have read so, so many of them and I can’t find exactly what I am looking for.

So here goes, if I missed some posted suggestions, I apology in advance.

We will be in Rome 3 days pre cruise with 2 teen grands in tow. This is there first trip to Rome so I have planned our stay in the City Center as it is very walkable and convenient to transport. The last item on my list is a Vatican guided, skip the lines tour. I am also interested in info on the early entrance tour before the crowds. 

CC friends if you have been on a private, and/or skip the lines and also possibly the early entry tour of the Vatican that you would recommend, would you please share your tour info?    We have used Rome in Limo previously and they were outstanding!  But we were picked up at the cruise port and this time we do not need a driver…just the guided tour. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! 

I have sent an email to to Rome in Limo to inquire if they offer tours only but haven’t heard back from them as yet.

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Cheers, 

EJ 

Edited by okiedrifters

12 hours ago, okiedrifters said:

I know there are lots of post regarding tours of the Vatican…I have read so, so many of them and I can’t find exactly what I am looking for.

So here goes, if I missed some posted suggestions, I apology in advance.

We will be in Rome 3 days pre cruise with 2 teen grands in tow. This is there first trip to Rome so I have planned our stay in the City Center as it is very walkable and convenient to transport. The last item on my list is a Vatican guided, skip the lines tour. I am also interested in info on the early entrance tour before the crowds. 

CC friends if you have been on a private, and/or skip the lines and also possibly the early entry tour of the Vatican that you would recommend, would you please share your tour info?    We have used Rome in Limo previously and they were outstanding!  But we were picked up at the cruise port and this time we do not need a driver…just the guided tour. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! 

I have sent an email to to Rome in Limo to inquire if they offer tours only but haven’t heard back from them as yet.

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Cheers, 

EJ 

I basically just answered your question but on a different thread.  See here:

27 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I basically just answered your question but on a different thread.  See here:

Thank you so much!  I just looked at their tour offerings and it’s always nice to hear from others that have used their services or know someone who has and will recommend them. 

Have you taken the night tour of the Vatican, or know someone who has? If so, is it recommended? It really looks interesting to me as I have particularly enjoyed the evening light when touring Rome. Not to mention, less crowds…

I so appreciate your wealth of knowledge and your willingness to share it! Thank you! 

Have a great day!

EJ 

35 minutes ago, okiedrifters said:

Thank you so much!  I just looked at their tour offerings and it’s always nice to hear from others that have used their services or know someone who has and will recommend them. 

Have you taken the night tour of the Vatican, or know someone who has? If so, is it recommended? It really looks interesting to me as I have particularly enjoyed the evening light when touring Rome. Not to mention, less crowds…

I so appreciate your wealth of knowledge and your willingness to share it! Thank you! 

Have a great day!

EJ 

I think @slidergirl  has done the evening after-hours tour and has recommended it. Maybe she'll see this and weigh in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I think @slidergirl  has done the evening after-hours tour and has recommended it. Maybe she'll see this and weigh in.

26 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

🤞🏻Thanks! 

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes, I have done the evening at the Vatican, but not a tour.  Just DIY.  It was perfect!  No crowds anywhere, there were rooms where I was by myself.  The Sistine Chapel had empty seats along the wall.  

Now, if I remember, this was Friday nights only.  Maybe they do tours only instead of just letting people in.   I'd look around.  I think even a tour would be wonderful at night - it's cooler and not so claustrophobic as it is in the daytime. 

15 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Yes, I have done the evening at the Vatican, but not a tour.  Just DIY.  It was perfect!  No crowds anywhere, there were rooms where I was by myself.  The Sistine Chapel had empty seats along the wall.  

Now, if I remember, this was Friday nights only.  Maybe they do tours only instead of just letting people in.   I'd look around.  I think even a tour would be wonderful at night - it's cooler and not so claustrophobic as it is in the daytime. 

Thank you for your response ! Athens pictures with the evening light are stunning!