When can we chose our arrival (and departure) groups?

Cruising Divers

Hello, I searched but could not find a direct answer. DW and I are in "Green Lane" status on the Medallion app however when we try to choose our arrival and departure groups/times the app says "Sorry! Arrival groups will be available closer to the start of your journey" so my question is, when exactly when will that be? 30/14/7 days before? We would like to board the ship early/during one of the first available timeslots and our departure date is May 14, 2022 if that helps.

Bonus question - when we try to book specialty dining the only restaurants to choose from are Sabatinis and The Crown Grill - why is that? When will we be able to book the other SD restaurants? TYIA!

In the U.K. it is roughly 30 days before embarkation. I am not sure what you mean by other restaurants? Usually the only speciality restaurants are Sabatinis and the Crown Grill. You can’t book Alfredos  Pizza. And the sushi bar is easy to book on board.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cruising Divers said:

Hello, I searched but could not find a direct answer. DW and I are in "Green Lane" status on the Medallion app however when we try to choose our arrival and departure groups/times the app says "Sorry! Arrival groups will be available closer to the start of your journey" so my question is, when exactly when will that be? 30/14/7 days before? We would like to board the ship early/during one of the first available timeslots and our departure date is May 14, 2022 if that helps.

Bonus question - when we try to book specialty dining the only restaurants to choose from are Sabatinis and The Crown Grill - why is that? When will we be able to book the other SD restaurants? TYIA!

The general consensus here on CC, and based on our experience last November on the Sky is that the Arrival groups open up about 30 days before sail date (though a few folks have reported the dates opening up much earlier) The Departure Groups, as near as I can tell, never work and you will request your Departure group/time when on board, as we've always done. No idea why they even put it in the app.

Re Specialty dining, what other restaurants are you wanting to book?  FWIW, although we did pre-book our four specialty dinners ahead of our trip, it was definitely not necessary to do so ahead of time. The specialty restaurants always maintain a significant number (I've heard 50%) of tables open for bookings during the voyage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the very helpful responses! I will randomly check the app and when our 30-day mark approaches I will check it daily (and report back what actually happens!).

As for the SD, we were under the impression that the sushi restaurant worked the same way as Sab. and CG so thank you also for that information - looking forward to being onboard!

@Cruising Diversboth of my cruises open the arrival time option exactly 30 days before embarkation.

Also confirming that I could just walk into Salty Dog Gastropub -- no reservation needed and so worth it. Their new menu is on the Princess website now

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/the-salty-dog-gastropub/salty-dog-menu.pdf

Edited by Ombud
Added link to SDG menu
  • Thanks 1