Sugar free dessert choices

Rickytop

In the dining room, you should be able to find a sugar free, or a no sugar added, dessert on the menu every night. There is a no sugar added ice cream, too. 
I haven't eaten dinner in the Lido very often, but they always have some sugar free or no sugar added desserts at lunchtime. I expect dinner time would be the same. 

The sugar free and no sugar added desserts are usually pretty good, too! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Probably.

In my experience, they can be pretty sweet.

By the way, the NAS Chocolate Delight is incredible.

Thank you for your answer.  I have an intolerance to artificial sweeteners so I do my best to avoid them.  Most of NAS desserts sound amazing, but I  probably need to ask before I order one.  

17 hours ago, RuthC said:

The sugar free and no sugar added desserts are usually pretty good, too! 

I don't need to limit my sugar for medical reasons, but I often order the sugar free or NSA desserts because they're good.  Some of my favorites are the lemon torte, Black Forest cake, chocolate delight, and almond fruit cake, 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Roz said:

I don't need to limit my sugar for medical reasons, but I often order the sugar free or NSA desserts because they're good.  Some of my favorites are the lemon torte, Black Forest cake, chocolate delight, and almond fruit cake, 

Agreed on all, except the almond fruit cake. I haven’t had it yet, but definitely will try it if I get the chance 

• Like 1

Many of the desserts are no sugar added vs sugar free - read the fine print.   No sugar added can still have a lot of sugar.   My go to sugar free desert - ask for some peanut butter and blueberries - they usually have both - blueberries are not sugar free - but have natural sugars fwiw

Peanut butter has very little sugar

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1

Just now, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Many of the desserts are no sugar added vs sugar free - read the fine print.   No sugar added can still have a lot of sugar.   My go to sugar free desert - ask for some peanut butter and blueberries - they usually have both - blueberries are not sugar free - but have natural sugars fwiw

Both? At the same time?🧐

Thanks for the options,   even sf cakes, etc can have a lot of carbs and are not an option for those needing help controlling blood sugar.  

Small servings of NSA ice cream,  etc are about all one can tollerate.   Breads may need to  be limited to very small amounts.  

A lot of gourmet foods are not on my diet.   Salads,   green  non starchy vegetables, etc are great.   Dive in fries, pizza not so much.

Some one suggested Seaborne, but I am going to alaska for scenery not for drinks, or calorie/carb packed gourmet foods.  

On 2/19/2022 at 10:05 AM, Miss Bama said:

Thank you for your answer.  I have an intolerance to artificial sweeteners so I do my best to avoid them.  Most of NAS desserts sound amazing, but I  probably need to ask before I order one.  

On our recent Carnival cruise there was an "allergy" desk in the buffet where a young woman would answer questions about ingredients in the foods being served.  I realize you are inquiring about a Holland cruise but there may be something similar on your ship.