Azamara Air [UK]... The omitted information!

les37b

59 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Hi Jacqueline. Great to hear that you had a wonderful time. I was wondering how you were getting on.  How was the food and wine ?
I can’t believe that last Saturday was 20c here last Saturday and last night 0c and snowing.
I am on Quest on the 23rd April but Azamara notified yesterday that the last overnight departure port has been changed from Venice to Ravenna which I am not particularly thrilled about ( particularly the 2.5 hour coach transfer to the airport). 
Mark

Hi Mark,  It is such a shame about Venice,  I have debarked from Venice a couple of times and it is a wonderful port to sail into and  have  an overnighter.

As I went alone on my Quest  cruise I did eat most nights in Prime C, as it  a small restaurant and was included in my fare.  The food was more than excellent for me. I  never had a bad meal there and the service was wonderful.  On the second leg of the cruise I noticed that Aqualina was open - still sharing the same menu (half Aqualina and half Prime C  food on the  same menu, you could mix and match).  I am sure things might alter as numbers increase, by having separate menu's for each restaurant. The menu did not change at all for the 18 nights I was there so did have repeats but did have my favourites so was never disappointed.  I had the ultimate drinks package  and did only drink the wine from this package so cannot comment on the daily pours.  A must is the Chef's table - the food  and wines were outstanding.   I chose the French Menu and will do it again when I return in May  - it was set in Aqualina which I think as a restaurant is vey pretty. The Chefs table layout in the restaurant consisted of many tables small and large - not the long table as in Prime C.  At lunchtime I enjoyed sitting on deck at the patio on the tables beyond the serving station (more on deck than undercover).  It was a pleasant place to sit and chat with other guests and I enjoyed the food there, being waiter service plus a salad bar where you could choose your own salad. I am not sure you have cruised on the Quest  but If you haven't been before I am sure you will have a wonderful time, the crew and staff were all so lovely and they get to know you really quickly - I cannot wait to return in 8 weeks.

Yes I was shocked this morning when I opened the curtain's to a blanket of snow - I don't normally wish for rain - but I did this morning. Take care. Jacqueline

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

Hi Mark,  It is such a shame about Venice,  I have debarked from Venice a couple of times and it is a wonderful port to sail into and  have  an overnighter.

As I went alone on my Quest  cruise I did eat most nights in Prime C, as it  a small restaurant and was included in my fare.  The food was more than excellent for me. I  never had a bad meal there and the service was wonderful.  On the second leg of the cruise I noticed that Aqualina was open - still sharing the same menu (half Aqualina and half Prime C  food on the  same menu, you could mix and match).  I am sure things might alter as numbers increase, by having separate menu's for each restaurant. The menu did not change at all for the 18 nights I was there so did have repeats but did have my favourites so was never disappointed.  I had the ultimate drinks package  and did only drink the wine from this package so cannot comment on the daily pours.  A must is the Chef's table - the food  and wines were outstanding.   I chose the French Menu and will do it again when I return in May  - it was set in Aqualina which I think as a restaurant is vey pretty. The Chefs table layout in the restaurant consisted of many tables small and large - not the long table as in Prime C.  At lunchtime I enjoyed sitting on deck at the patio on the tables beyond the serving station (more on deck than undercover).  It was a pleasant place to sit and chat with other guests and I enjoyed the food there, being waiter service plus a salad bar where you could choose your own salad. I am not sure you have cruised on the Quest  but If you haven't been before I am sure you will have a wonderful time, the crew and staff were all so lovely and they get to know you really quickly - I cannot wait to return in 8 weeks.

Yes I was shocked this morning when I opened the curtain's to a blanket of snow - I don't normally wish for rain - but I did this morning. Take care. Jacqueline

Hi Jacqueline. Thanks for the info . I think I will book the 3 night speciality restaurant package although to be fair the main dining room food was pretty good the last time I was on Quest in 2019. I will let you know how we get on and might even post some live updates whilst on board.

Enjoy the snow. Mark.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:10 AM, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Hi Jacqueline. Great to hear that you had a wonderful time. I was wondering how you were getting on.  How was the food and wine ?
I can’t believe that last Saturday was 20c here last Saturday and last night 0c and snowing.
I am on Quest on the 23rd April but Azamara notified yesterday that the last overnight departure port has been changed from Venice to Ravenna which I am not particularly thrilled about ( particularly the 2.5 hour coach transfer to the airport). 
Mark

Yikes! That's some deviation! I assume they have sorted out the transfer? That's Venice done for us now. Have been fortunate to sail in and out a couple of times and have really enjoyed several separate visits, but missing a Venice start and long transfer, just kills it stone dead.

I've enjoyed sitting in a small bar next to the Cipriani looking out over to St Marks while videoing a parade of ships ghosting past.

Here is the Sea Cloud sail ship passing us by..... 

Hi Les. Yes the complimentary transfer from Ravenna to Marco Polo airport has been sorted but not looking forward to the early disembarkation and 2.5 hour coach trip. £250 FCC and a free transfer doesn’t really compensate for the loss of an over nighter in Venice and the lengthy transfer.

• Like 1