LIVE The Oasis of the Seas 3/6-3/13/22

39 minutes ago, cot427 said:

I scrolled through, what restaurant changes/closures besides Johnny Rockets for breakfast, Solarium Bistro shortened hours and Deck 5 MDR? Seems minor to me. 

Bistro closed all this week, PlayMakers not open till 230 pm. 
Only places open at noon today is Park cafe and windjammer and el loco fresh 

16 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Reading your review.  Cancelled my Nov. 2021 Oasis cruise I had been waiting on 2 years.   I just hope I'll be able to cruise again some day.  

I really don't drink often at home but get me on the ship and I say "where's the bar?" I spent more time in Michael's Club with Celebrity than I did doing anything else.

Sorry you canceled your cruise.

Lol, so I really don’t drink much, I should have gotten the package below the deluxe. Last week it was on sale for $22.50 per day.

I wanted to go to Cozumel today but Real feel weather will be 91 deg and UV is a 9 out of 10.

Nope don’t want to burn, plus if I fall in Mexico.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Bistro closed all this week, PlayMakers not open till 230 pm. 
Only places open at noon today is Park cafe and windjammer and el loco fresh 

Thanks for the info, appreciate it! Have you noticed if any of the other specialty restaurants have been open for lunch, at least on sea days. We bought the UDP and I know a poster from a few weeks ago was having lunch in. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

@Maitaivegas, I’m sorry to hear about your fall. I hope there are no serious injuries, and that a good rest will have you back on your feet and back to enjoying your cruise again soon. Since your fall occurred on the ship, did you report it and get checked out by medical?

Meanwhile, other than your fall I’m enjoying hearing about your cruise. Just remember that there’s so much to see and do on Oasis that there’s no way to fit it all in during one seven day cruise. Pace yourself more like what you’re used to doing at home so you stay safe and are able to enjoy the things you do manage to fit into your days. 

Thank you for your kindness.

I did too much, Apple Watch said I walked 200% more than normal yesterday. So I’m going till rest until playmakers, hopefully I can see Cats 🐈 tonight since I don’t have reservation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cot427 said:

Thanks for the info, appreciate it! Have you noticed if any of the other specialty restaurants have been open for lunch, at least on sea days. We bought the UDP and I know a poster from a few weeks ago was having lunch in. 

Chops and Giovanni’s sold out for lunch on both seas days. I made dinner reservations but forgot lunch so now I can’t get in their for lunch. I’m trying to get my $$ worth. I really think it wouldn’t hurt RCI to do free room service, there are other budget lines that do it.

53 minutes ago, cot427 said:

I scrolled through, what restaurant changes/closures besides Johnny Rockets for breakfast, Solarium Bistro shortened hours and Deck 5 MDR? Seems minor to me. 

She also mentioned shortened hours at Playmakers and the BBQ place,

2 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Chops and Giovanni’s sold out for lunch on both seas days. I made dinner reservations but forgot lunch so now I can’t get in their for lunch. I’m trying to get my $$ worth. I really think it wouldn’t hurt RCI to do free room service, there are other budget lines that do it.

Good to know...I'm hesitant to make reservations for lunch because I don't want to be locked in or take a table from others if I can't make it, but also want to get my $s worth. This is great info, thanks for it! 

2 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

She also mentioned shortened hours at Playmakers and the BBQ place,

Thanks! So sort of does impact people with UDP a bit. Hopefully they will add more staff in the coming weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So just found out 3 other large ships are docked at Cozumel besides us. This ship is busy…

stayed tuned for more.

Going back to cabin, got a book that is calling me.

Planning to go to upper deck in a while to look at Cozumel.

I kind of wish we had open decks on each floor to see ocean.

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cot427 said:

Good to know...I'm hesitant to make reservations for lunch because I don't want to be locked in or take a table from others if I can't make it, but also want to get my $s worth. This is great info, thanks for it! 

Thanks! So sort of does impact people with UDP a bit. Hopefully they will add more staff in the coming weeks. 

So you can cancel your reservation but it must be 24 hours in advance. I have been changing my reservation around like crazy, but of course they have to have an opening for a different time.

Since I’m feeling chatty right now..

Someone over the PA system said such and such call ext ####
at 2 am, glad I was able to get back to sleep.

Cabin steward came to my door at 830PM to do turn down and I was in bed yelling “Don’t need tonight” He stilled opened the door OMG. I’m like no close the door.

Stayed tune for snacks and drinks later.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Since I’m feeling chatty right now..

Someone over the PA system said such and such call ext ####
at 2 am, glad I was able to get back to sleep.

Cabin steward came to my door at 830PM to do turn down and I was in bed yelling “Don’t need tonight” He stilled opened the door OMG. I’m like no close the door.

Stayed tune for snacks and drinks later.

Whenever I'm in my room I always put the do not disturb magnet on the door.  They should not come in your room if the sign is up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just met Lovelife at Park cafe, such a nice lady. So warm and caring, we had a little chat. The gentleman with her was hysterical.

So second meal of the day was at Park Cafe, I am treated like royalty there. Their made to order salad hit the spot, and then went to Sorrento’s where I also have great service. Got the first drink of the day, Grey Goose and sprite.

Waiting for the rising tide to open, want to ride it to 8 and then go back to my cabin.

E88931C6-45A5-4608-BA07-F6510E8C6EFE.thumb.jpeg.57268303b3244a820c890e58043fde37.jpeg

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, travelhound said:

I wonder if they plan on picking up new staff soon or if there will be ongoing closings. Kind of a bummer, but really at this point I'm just happy to sail.

Agreed. We're sailing Oasis on 4/17 and I hope they address some of these staffing/limited hours issues. Maybe they did just a short staff bump-up on the Wonder for the inaugural sailing as so many VIPs would be on board? That's what I'm going to cross my fingers for, anyway. I guess we'll see over the next few weeks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ginadcnj said:

Agreed. We're sailing Oasis on 4/17 and I hope they address some of these staffing/limited hours issues. Maybe they did just a short staff bump-up on the Wonder for the inaugural sailing as so many VIPs would be on board? That's what I'm going to cross my fingers for, anyway. I guess we'll see over the next few weeks.

We get on Sunday.  Hopefully, the staffing will return after the inaugural this week.  The planner allowed us to make dinner reservations at Solarium Bistro so we'll see what happens.

• Like 2

I have also fallen and broken a wrist.

I buy slip resistant shoes that are made for nurses, restaurant workers, etc.  Those are the only shoes I bring on cruises because many floors are slick, plus people dribble drinks as they carry them.

I also wear slip resistant shoes at home often, such as when it is wet outside.

I’ve enjoyed your posts.  We’ll be on Oasis soon for a B2B.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

We get on Sunday.  Hopefully, the staffing will return after the inaugural this week.  The planner allowed us to make dinner reservations at Solarium Bistro so we'll see what happens.

We've been on Oasis for two weeks and had made Solarium Bistro dinner reservations for each week through the planner, but then it wasn't open. Hope you get to enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Just met Lovelife at Park cafe, such a nice lady. So warm and caring, we had a little chat. The gentleman with her was hysterical.

So second meal of the day was at Park Cafe, I am treated like royalty there. Their made to order salad hit the spot, and then went to Sorrento’s where I also have great service. Got the first drink of the day, Grey Goose and sprite.

Waiting for the rising tide to open, want to ride it to 8 and then go back to my cabin.

💕

• Like 2

So quick update, I have seen kids under 12 not wearing masks. Spoke to an officer walking by and he stated “Per the CDC the unvaccinated adults and children do not have to wear masks”

And yes the risks are low for kids but they can give Covid to the immunosuppressant population.

I am not starting a mask debate, I’m just letting my friends here who love ones have immune issues know where RCI stands.