Taxi for five

Lbicklel

We are not finding any excursions in Saint Martin that are exactly what we want. So my thinking is that we would like to take a taxi over to Marigot for some shopping, then when we come back take the water taxi over to the beach and walk into Phillipsburg.

My question: How easy is it to get a taxi right at the cruise port that will accommodate five people and how much would it cost round-trip for the five of us to get over to Marigot?

We are really just interested in sightseeing and shopping in both Marigot and Phillipsburg.  

This may be old but gives you an idea.

Rate_Sheet.pdf (taxistmaarten.com)

Appears that the Taxi Association is reviewing rates.   

Dutch St. Maarten Taxi Association | Taxi Service and Tours (taxistmaarten.com)

These rates are regulated by the government .  Taxis don't have meters.  I believe Crown Bay is in Zone 5. on these maps.

6 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

This may be old but gives you an idea.

Rate_Sheet.pdf (taxistmaarten.com)

Appears that the Taxi Association is reviewing rates.   

Dutch St. Maarten Taxi Association | Taxi Service and Tours (taxistmaarten.com)

These rates are regulated by the government .  Taxis don't have meters.  I believe Crown Bay is in Zone 5. on these maps.

Thank you!  This is very helpful information.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 4:03 PM, Lbicklel said:

We are not finding any excursions in Saint Martin that are exactly what we want. So my thinking is that we would like to take a taxi over to Marigot for some shopping, then when we come back take the water taxi over to the beach and walk into Phillipsburg.

My question: How easy is it to get a taxi right at the cruise port that will accommodate five people and how much would it cost round-trip for the five of us to get over to Marigot?

We are really just interested in sightseeing and shopping in both Marigot and Phillipsburg.  

Take a taxi from the taxi stand and then have the taxi drop you off in Phillipsburg after your trip to Marigot. You can then take the water taxi back to the ship.