Aft Extended Balcony - Should I change to different location?

duskview

I'm booked on the Miracle, on April 9th and have booked an AFT cabin with an extended balcony on the Main deck. Has any on every had a balcony on the AFT of the ship? Should I change to a different location on the ship? I had the opportunity to get a balcony on the Starboard or Port side (8A), but the agent with Carnival recommended (and upgraded me to 8C) to the AFT extended balcony.

Your thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks;)

Don't touch a thing...We've had aft extended balconies and loved them. All the talk about motion is balderdash. The whole ship moves, and you feel it everywhere when it does. It is no worse in the aft than it is anywhere else, unless you are in the teeth of a good storm with 15'+ waves. Then the bow and stern would move a bit more.

The PVP made a good recommendation.

Mark T

I'm booked on the Miracle, on April 9th and have booked an AFT cabin with an extended balcony on the Main deck. Has any on every had a balcony on the AFT of the ship? Should I change to a different location on the ship? I had the opportunity to get a balcony on the Starboard or Port side (8A), but the agent with Carnival recommended (and upgraded me to 8C) to the AFT extended balcony.

Thanks;)

Not to sound rude: ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?!? You've got your hands on one of the best rooms on the ship!! I had one on the Valor back in October and it was WONDERFUL (for the 2 days I actually got to use it, damn rain!!!) Don't you let that one go. Just search the boards for 'aft cabin' I'm sure you'll see many, many others agree.

Stay where you are. Once you've had aft, you'll never go back.

It's the best place to fly a kite from.

If the OP has a aft cabin and cannot go back, how does the OP get to the aft cabin? The OP has to go back. :)

If the OP has a aft cabin and cannot go back, how does the OP get to the aft cabin? The OP has to go back. :)

But if the OP is already IN the said cabin, then they can't go back without getting wet.

BTW, this is a ship, so nautical terminology comes into play. So, maybe "once you've had stern, you'll never go aft????"

Sorry to hijack this thread with my totally inane comments. It's Friday, I'm at work, and I have a long time to go before it's beer O'Clock.

We had an extended AFT balcony on our Liberty Med Cruise. I loved it!!

I am a very light sleeper, and I slept the best I have in years. The new improved comfort bedding Carnival has placed in all their ships probably helped, too.

I never felt any motion.

I would choose an aft balcony again!

My DW and I had an aft balcony on a back to back a year ago on the Radiance of the Seas. We became spoiled. We did the Mexican Riviera on the Celebrity Mercury last fall with an aft balcony, and now have booked an aft balcony Mar. 26 on the Valor E. Caribbean and the Mediterranean(sp) Oct. 10 on the Liberty. The anticipation is almost as exciting as the actual vacation. Without a doubt, the best cabins on the ship. IMHO! Don't change a thing. Your TA was right.

Do not get an aft balcony! You will be hooked on it and will have to get one on every cruise from now on!

I tried my first side cabin last week. I am so glad my next to sailings I did book the afts. It was surely missed last week. I should not have changed.

Thank you all for your input on the AFT cabin. I guess I really got lucky with Carnival upgrading me (for free) to the extended balcony. I thought I would miss the islands passing by. But I get to watch the fade away in the distance.

Thanks again to all for your input.

:)

Thanks;)

Geez you got the best thing going! Keep it

Thank you all for your input on the AFT cabin. I guess I really got lucky with Carnival upgrading me (for free) to the extended balcony. I thought I would miss the islands passing by. But I get to watch the fade away in the distance.

Thanks again to all for your input.

:)

Just had the extended deck on the Valor and it was awesome! Twice as long as the other decks. No motion problem at all! I lucked into it too. Room is set up a little differently but I preferred it to the others. Enjoy!

Archived