San Diego Parking

TiogaCruiser

We’re considering a cruise leaving San Diego on April 3. There will be 3 ships in town.😱

Amtrak is running a much leaner schedule, so I’m considering driving. Any suggestions for parking for 10 days for a reasonable rate?

If you want to park across the street from the terminal, the rate runs $12-14 per day, although I think those are all full at this point. If you’re willing to walk a little bit, the Hyatt is about $6 per day. If you go to the Port of San Diego website, you’ll see the link to make a parking reservation. The Hyatt is the cheapest option, but you’re looking at a 15 minute walk; you could always drop your bags off in advance. 

• Thanks 1

Here is the link for the Port of San Diego parking.

https://www.portofsandiego.org/coming-and-going/parking-and-transportation/long-termcruise-parking

Note that there isn't a shuttle from the Manchester Grand Hyatt (cheapest parking right now), but the walk is okay or you can use Uber/Lyft.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the information. I had gone to that site on my iPad and got a message that the dates we needed were not available. But when I tried on my Windows machine, I was able to reserve parking at a variety of places. So we are booked.

I usually use Aladdin Parking (they have a shuttle but make sure they take to the port) otherwise you could Uber.    If you book online discount for reserving ahead of time.   It's not much but it's something.   They are a secure parking structure with inside parking or for a little cheaper you can park up top.   Either way, I recommend them and they are fairly close to the port.   Not walking distance, but close.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

I usually use Aladdin Parking...

Unless you can find a coupon or special, Aladdin is $19 a day. It is impossible to beat the Manchester Grand Hyatt's $6 rate right now. I am sure that will change when SD's convention business comes back, but for now, it is great.

10 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Unless you can find a coupon or special, Aladdin is $19 a day. It is impossible to beat the Manchester Grand Hyatt's $6 rate right now. I am sure that will change when SD's convention business comes back, but for now, it is great.

You can also park across the street for $12-14 depending on which parking option you select, and all three are within walking distance. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Is the $6/day parking at Manchester Grand Hyatt still offered?

I tried to find this information on their website but couldn’t. The parking rates for guests are way higher than $6 a day, so I don’t want to make an expensive mistake. 

Edited by dcipjr

8 hours ago, dcipjr said:

Is the $6/day parking at Manchester Grand Hyatt still offered?

I doubt it. I think that was a Covid thing when San Diego didn't have any convention business and the Manchester Grand Hyatt was glad to have any cash coming in.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Traveling Mick said:

Does anyone know if there are shuttle buses that goes to the port like they do for airports?  I’m not feeling good about paying that much per day at any of the parking lots in downtown San Diego.

Shuttle buses from where? Murrieta? If there is a shuttle bus from Murrieta to SAN, then that same shuttle should be able to drop off and pick-up at the cruise port, which is only 2 miles away.

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2023 at 8:46 PM, Traveling Mick said:

Does anyone know if there are shuttle buses that goes to the port like they do for airports?  I’m not feeling good about paying that much per day at any of the parking lots in downtown San Diego.

a number of the private airport parking lots have a shuttle that will go to the cruise port too. most are located east of the airport and north of the downtown proper.

• Thanks 1