mask wearing to end?

BHBillH

Still the same on the Seashore.  Bars and public inside areas if you are setting with food or drinks then no mask.  If walking around inside, you have to wear a mask. Required in buffet. Not required outside except you do have to wear outside when signing waiver for water park.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:06 PM, BHBillH said:

many countries and cruise lines have ended mandatory mask wearing will MSC do same? 

Most likely, the question is when....this year, next year....

I would have to say that it is evolving, at least, on Seashore and based on our experience.  We were on on for two weeks from 2/26 to 3/12.  Week one, in the buffet, unmasked to put on on one, even if just getting a coffee at the beverage station.  Ushers went through the theater prior to the show to require people to wear masks.  Reminders were given to those walking through an area without masks.

Week two, a number of mask-less people were served morning coffee (I don't know about the lines. I was in YC, but i like the quality of the deck 16 buffet coffee in the morning),  No one did a mask check in the theater.  I saw a number of people walking through indoor areas without masks, and no staff members addressed them. 

Very sensible. Tight mask protection in the first week. Looser regulations when there has been no outbreaks. We already know that the infected can slip through pre-boarding tests.

IMO, MSC seems to be on the ball. Of course, MSC has been sailing in Europe since summer of 2020. 👍

• Like 1