Koningsdam vs Zuiderdam - Alaska

mandapanda13

I booked Zuiderdam B2B starting 6/1.  I've sailed both her and Koningsdam.  I really loved K'dam, but picked Z'dam specifically because I wanted the mid-week sailings.  

I'm in one of my favorite large inside cabins (J category).  There's plenty of "free" deck space on any cruise ship.  And I figure doing a B2B (first time to Alaska), if I feel I've missed anything the first week, I'll be sure to catch it the 2nd.

I'm booked on the Rotterdam April 2023 TA.  Looking forward to that since I enjoyed K'dam so much.

The Pinnacle class ships are not huge ships, despite what some here may think.  I'll be on MSC Seashore in April.  Now, that's a huge ship, imo.  I only booked because the date was perfect (I'm doing a side-to-side, getting off Celebrity Summit first) and I had an FCC that was about to expire.  I did book a balcony for that one because it's Easter Week and I expect the ship to have many, many kids. 😐

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 11:21 PM, Btimmer said:

We spent a month on the Zuiderdam in January and were super impressed by the Canaletto Restaurant (fantastic staff).  We loved sailing on the ship.

Oh this is great to hear! I am going next month and have had a disappointing experience on Koningsdam (actually over 2 cruises). Look forward to being excited about Canaletto again. 

On 3/15/2022 at 9:47 AM, mandapanda13 said:

Thank you all for your thoughts!  We decided to go with Zuiderdam.

Excellent choice,  you will enjoy the Zuidy......................have a wonderful cruise.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:06 PM, DrKoob said:

Rudi's Sel de Mer (seafood) and the Asian restaurant Tamarind were both outstanding. The food at Pinnacle Grille was fine........... paled in comparison to Tamarind and Rudi's. I should also add that Tamarind is one of the most beautiful restaurants we have seen on a ship and it sits on the top of the stern. Sunset at dinner was amazing.

Thank you!  Probably will try to make both of those restaurants!  Also, thanks for the link to your blog.