How are the Swans doing 2022??

On 8/15/2022 at 1:18 PM, NoWhiners said:

Yeah, sometimes he's pretty funny but he's a bit over the top for me most of the time. I wouldn't pay to see him either. He didn't even do a good job of acting when Will Smith slapped him at the Oscars!

I had never heard of him until, some nobody, slapped him.😇 

• Haha 1

Just now, ekka49 said:

How are the Swans going?

Far better than the Brisbane Lions.😭

Much better than the Lions. Our family are Demons (five of them), Lions (2) and Bombers (3) so only the Dees supporters were happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

Much better than the Lions. Our family are Demons (five of them), Lions (2) and Bombers (3) so only the Dees supporters were happy.

That's it kick a man when he's down. 😂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

That's it kick a man when he's down. 😂

I'm a Bomber so I'm really down. I have a soft spot for the Lions because of their past life as Fitzroy and when growing up in sout west Vic, it was Fitzroy's recruiting area. So I knew quite a few Fitzroy players and of course Jonathan Brown was a local and came from the club where my parents are life members.

• Like 1

I was going to dinner with my son and just about 6 there was this amazing sound from the Railway Hotel in  Yarraville. It took me a little to think of looking at the footy score.

Anyway, next line up:

Geelong vs Collingwood. Possibly at Geelong

Melbourne vs Sydney. MCG

Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs. Optus Oval, Perth

Brisbane vs Richmond, Gabba, Brisbane. 

Locations subject to the whims of the Victorian overlords.

Edited by Docker123
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I was going to dinner with my son and just about 6 there was this amazing sound from the Railway Hotel in  Yarraville. It took me a little to think of looking at the footy score.

Anyway, next line up:

Melbourne vs Sydney. MCG

Lol, yep, Swans should get a home game the week after these games.

20 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Anyway, next line up:

Melbourne vs Sydney. MCG

It is unlikley that Cats will play Collingwood at GMHBA Stadium. Part of it is a construction site at the moment and the capacity is much lower. The AFL will want a capacity crowd  for a qualifying final.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

It is unlikley that Cats will play Collingwood at GMHBA Stadium. Part of it is a construction site at the moment and the capacity is much lower. The AFL will want a capacity crowd  for a qualifying final.

Correct.

Announced as MGG. 

Wow, all this activity and all I did was sleep. I feel so inadequate 😄

Thanks for posting the scores. Glad the Swans won; I was really hoping they got 2nd but maybe this will keep them in shape in the ramp up to the finals.

A week off now. Is it usually quiet this week or is there a lot of intrigue as we start the playoffs? 

Go Swans! 

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It seems the MCG is everyone's home ground for bigger gamesand finals, as they want the capacity.

Nothing wrong with that. Geelong has many Melbourne based members and supporters who love it when Geelong play at the G. As an Essendon and MCC member, I much prefer to go to the MCG than Marvel Stadium, so am pleased that they play four home games  there. Carlton also play home games at the MCG and Marvel. All clubs gain by having bigger crowds.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

There you go, the MCG rule, the AFL looking for extra revenue or was it Geelong opting to give up home finals?

I just wanted to note how timely our discussions are--we were just talking about the MCG rule. Are we all good or what? 😁

This is the MCG Rle in action (actually a contract between the Victorian dominated league and the MCG😞

With the competition having rebranded itself as the Australian Football League (AFL) at the start of the 1990 season, West Coast finished third on the ladder at the conclusion of the home-and-away season, and progressed to the preliminary final before losing to Essendon, having been forced to play four consecutive finals in Melbourne.With the competition having rebranded itself as the Australian Football League (AFL) at the start of the 1990 season, West Coast finished third on the ladder at the conclusion of the home-and-away season, and progressed to the preliminary final before losing to Essendon, having been forced to play four consecutive finals in Melbourne. (Wikipedia)

By rights, all those games should have been held in Perth. Brisbane, and I think Adelaide, also suffered from this.

Edited by Docker123

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Saints 4.2 (26) to Swans 2.1 (13) at half time, some inexperience showing with the Swan debutantes.

Inexperienced debutantes.

We should get some experienced debutantes next time. 😉