Carnival Miracle review from 4day from Long Beach....Simple...It was great!

pc_load_letter

Being here in San Diego, heading to Long Beach to cruise Inspiration and Imagination was like going back to an old friend. We knew the ship from top to bottom, knew waiters and bar staff and introduced cruising to a number of our friends on those ships.

Our last cruise before covid was on the Pano and it was good. So we haven't cruised since and this was our first cruise back. When the mask mandate was dropped, we book a balcony on the deck 5.

Check in and embarkation was simple and excellent. We used VeriFly and waited maybe thirty minutes for our group to board. Went right to our muster location and did that for probably less than five minutes.

I'll keep it simple....

Ship looked great. Carpets and decor looked amazing. I dunno, the new "Vegas" style cruise ships look great but I love these older, kitchy designs and decors. 

Staff were all amazing. I overheard a waitress say we are happy to be here because we want to be here. That really resonated with me. I never met a frowning face or someone not willing to answer a question. Was sure to give cash tips to room steward, Alchemy bartenders and dining staff.

Entertainment...excellent. Great shows, comedians were okay and music around the ship was top notch. Their DJ was a little heavy with reggae on the pool deck but people were dancing and enjoying so it was easy to put up with. Great battle of the sexes show and Georgia the CD was excellent. Very nice.

Food...I am mixed on the food really. Guys, well, it was great. Always hot and good. And I really enjoyed the buffet on the ship. Wife loved the "Chopstix" and I enjoyed the Peruvian roasted chicken at the "Carvery". I think that's what it was called. MDR breakfast was also excellent.

Now, main dining room....ugh, now we don't cruise Carnival for the food but I am really torn with the main dining room. All appetizers were excellent. Now, while all my food was hot and tasted good, they really need to work on presentation. Wife said salmon could have used a sauce and side portions were barely that, it was like a sample.

Room was great. No smell, no dust, nothing that caught my eye. Was kinda warm but opening the door at night helped this.

Some on board were saying there was 900 on board but I heard from another gentleman that it was perhaps as low as 700. I did feel bad at some of the venues though when things looked so empty and dead.

The staff did say they had just come off a 2 week Hawaii trip that was dreadful and this cruise was a nice break for them.

Overall, I will absolutely be sailing on Miracle again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

Thanks for the review and so glad you had a good time!!!  We sail on the Miracle next Thursday and can't wait!  

Great! One thing I forgot to mention, if you find your room stuffy, you can ask your room steward for a fan.

Great review, we’re considering taking the Miracle for its Thanksgiving voyage.

I’m not really surprised the loads are light.  Carnival is currently operating three ships with significantly more capacity than pre-COVID.  RC is temporarily basing the Navigator of the Seas here, and Princess is operating more cruises that usual.  That’s an awful lot of capacity, during a difficult time…

Can you tell me was there a formal night on a 4 day I have looked and looked but can't seem to get an answer lol 😆 and if yes what night is it on? We leave in 11 days first cruise in 2 Long years but I've never been in a short one before.