Customer Relations response time?? Vaccine exemption for 9 yr old child

msk1

We are trying to do our due diligence in acquiring a vaccine exemption for our 9yr old granddaughter who is unable to take the vaccine.  We have spent hours on hold with Customer Relations and were told today the wait would be "at least 4 hours."  Has anyone else had occasion to follow this Princess protocol and how/what would you recommend in getting this done?  We sail in July, final payment is due in April.  We really need some help!!  Advice please.  BTW, we have already emailed CustomerRelations@Princesscruises.com with no response so far.

Thanks in advance!

msk

Edited by msk1
correction

My only recommendation is to call as soon as you can in the morning (not sure what time they open). I called on Friday morning and only had a 45 minute wait for Customer Relations.

Good luck. I wish I had a better answer for you.

Update this morning~~after 1 hour wait on hold Customer Relations provided necessary info. The required letter was received this very day--not the 3-5 days they had suggested.

All worked out well!

msk

• Like 4

Can I ask what the requirements are for them to get an exemption? We did to sail in July and my 11yr old won’t be vaccinated due to the jabs not being available to her age group in the UK in sufficient time. I wonder whether that would be classed as an exemption

We received the exemption letter via email straight away, the very day.  Essentially since we contacted Princess prior to final payment (with plenty of time to follow their directions) we were within the "5%" allowed on board (minors only).  There are restrictions which are clearly delineated on the website health protocols.  Nothing too taxing--worth the try.  We both called (hours) as well as emailed,  We think the email was more effective??

msk

We received an exemption for our 6 yr old granddaughter. Requirements include standard 3 day pre-covid testing as well embarkation day and debarkation testing at own expense ($150).

Also noted: "In some cases, you may only be allowed to go ashore through shore excursions sold by or through Princess using tour operators who comply with our COVID-19 protocols." 

Edited by cruisers0708