Internet plans

VermeulT

Can someone help me with more specifics on the different internet plans available? I found the below on another thread.

If I want to text (wifi) with my family at home, will Social work?  What apps/ services does SOCIAL include?

I would prefer to unplug completely but on this trip I'll need to stay in touch with home to touch base on some ongoing projects.

Available Packages:

1. Social: Per day package, $14.99. (Access the most popular social websites and applications. May not allow for audio/video calling and streaming.)
  2. Surf (most popular): $24.99. (Surf your favorite sites including e-mail, news, sports and more. May not allow for audio/video calling and streaming.)
  3. Premium: $29.99 (From e-mail to streaming, receive the highest volume of data. Supports audio/video calling and streaming where coverage allows.)

Thanks much.  Y'all are the best.

Once on the ship you can buy by the day.   If you are going to be in port most days you likely will be better off using your carrier’s international roaming option.  I only buy internet if I have many sea days. 

Go to 

Message #6, For the costs of the plans for the whole cruise. As Mary said, only the Premium can be pre-bought, BUT if you do so, you get Premium for little more than Surf on board. I would not count on Social for back-and-forth communication, and in fact have never had anything but Premium bought pre sailing, myself.