What time of year for Hawaii?

We just did it in November - RT from San Diego on Celebrity.

Was a little chilly for the first day and half leaving San diego and also the last day and half when coming back, but other than the days we were close to CA, it was beautiful.

The weather in Hawaii was great in November.

The seas were really rough on the way ou, but I think that is typical any time of the year.

We have cruised to Hawaii twice sailing from Ensanada, both times were the first week of December. The first time the weather was fantastic second time can't say the same thing. Have to agree with MrChuck, both times the sea days were a bit rough. Never the less Hawaii is a great destination, I find trying to pick the best time of year like playing the lottery. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose! Enjoy Hawaii:)

With RCCL you don't get much choice but May or Sept, Oct but now Celebrity is doing more and more from LA and San Diego, we are trying our first this May on Radiance and really looking forward to it. The prices have really gone up. We booked inside in May of 05 for this cruise and payed 1359pp but now they want like 2499pp so book early in May or June for next year!!!!

we'll see how it goes

Brian J

We've done two Hawaii cruises... both at the end of May. Both times, the weather for the entire cruise was great.

Before we got into cruising, we've been to Hawaii a number of times and all four of the seasons. We've left -40 wind chill in Chicago in the past(years ago) and woke up on Waikiki with temperature in the 80s. We've never had bad weather in Hawaii.

Tim

Simple answer - ANY TIME is great in Hawaii. Temperatures have an annual variation of only ten degrees

I agree. I've been there 3x and (once by cruise from Vancover in June). The weather was in low 80's each time. Feb., June, and Sept. The water was very rough leaving Vancover in June. Go and enjoy whenever you can.

Thanks for the info. Just waiting for RCL to open the 2007 bookings.

Judy

With one caveat; if you're interested in going up to the North Shore on Oahu, in anticipation of seeing the BIG waves at Weimea Bay, Sunset Beach, Banzai Pipeline, you'll have to go in November. I was there in May '04 and the waves were about 1' high.

We were there a few years ago leaving out of Ensenada in May. The first 2 to 3 days were very cold and windy. Seas were a little rough, but nothing we couldn't handle. After that, it was perfect. Beautiful weather. That is the only time we've been there, so can't compare it to other times of the year. Enjoy whenever you go!

Archived