Hamburg Hotels

CPTENEYCK

We're booked on QM2 for Oct 16, 2022 departure and will be spending 2 nights pre in Hamburg, flying over from Dublin after an Ireland tour.  I've just started my hotel search and thought I'd see if any one has favorite hotels in Hamburg I should consider?  Thanks!

I love the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten on the Binnenalsterlake in the heart of Hamburg. A wonderful pre WWII hotel beautifully restored. I have stayed there twice before a crossing. There are wonderful restaurants and shops in and around the Hotel, including the very upscale Alsterhaus Department Store owned by the owners of KaDeWe in Berlin.

It is an easy and reasonable taxi ride from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the Steinwerder Cruise Terminal where Cunard ships dock. A stay there is a real wonderful way to start a voyage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, s.s.France said:

The Atlantic and the Vier Jahreszeiten. Both classic old hotels fitting the occasion. But not on the cheap side.

I agree SS certainly not cheap, but then for me a Trans-Atlantic crossing is an adventure, and while neither hotel is cheap, they won't actually break the bank.

And there are plenty of pleasant well priced restaurants to choose from in the area if you don't want to dine in their Michelin starred one. 

Edited by Bigmike911
  • Like 2

Stayed at the Vier Jahreszeiten last September and loved it, but went over to visit the Atlantic for drink because of its iconic status as the pre-TA crossing hotel.  Loved it too, so in this case I would vote for the Atlantic.  The murals over the elevators (below) say it all!  Plus, who doesn't love a portrait of the Kaiser over the fireplace?

IMG_1897.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

16 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

I agree SS certainly not cheap, but then for me a Trans-Atlantic crossing is an adventure, and while neither hotel is cheap, they won't actually break the bank.

And there are plenty of pleasant well priced restaurants to choose from in the area if you don't want to dine in their Michelin starred one. 

Agree regarding “an adventure”, treating each embarkation port as part of the voyage, part of the journey, part of the experience, part of the vacation.  
One fails to understand why so many cruisers seek out the cheapest of the cheapo end of hotels for pre/post cruise stays, when spending thousands $(£) on a cruise.

• Like 1