Ovation of the Seas Dining attire

1st time cruiser here, planning to be eating in the basic dining area, not anything special.  Am I reading the rules correctly, no jeans allowed?  Are there actually two formal nights and if yes, is formal attire required? I was not planning to bring a jacket or tie on a 7 day cruise to Alaska, honestly I was planning on jeans and layered tops...

12 minutes ago, jlederma said:

1st time cruiser here, planning to be eating in the basic dining area, not anything special.  Am I reading the rules correctly, no jeans allowed?  Are there actually two formal nights and if yes, is formal attire required? I was not planning to bring a jacket or tie on a 7 day cruise to Alaska, honestly I was planning on jeans and layered tops...

You can wear jeans as long as they are clean and not ripped (not even the ripped ones that cost a lot).  Formal attire is not required, think business casual for most.  Or good jeans.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jlederma said:

And you would fit in perfectly. Some dress to the ten's some in shorts and t shirts. Two formal nights and very few are formal. I would think MDR would be slightly better dressed based on the weather being cold and many leaving their super casual attire home.  You can find great YouTube videos on Ovation sailing Alaska and see how people are dressed. 

A nice polo shirt (at least) for the gentleman (a collared shirt is always nice), and a dressy top & black pants, or maybe a travel dress with a scarf for the lady.  Polo shirts also for the boys, and if there are girls, however they will enjoy dressing up.  It's part of the cruise experience.  The best part about the Alaska cruises are that they are low key and laidback.

• Like 1