Summit specialty restaurants vs. MDR

davy jones

We're thinking of a specialty dining package on our upcoming Summit cruise.  Because of the Summit's smaller size and age, it appears that there are only 3 options, Tuscan Grille, QSine, and sushi.   Is the cuisine and experience in these venues worth the upgrade from the MDR?

I believe Qsine is doing the LePetit experience now.  

The filet in Tuscan is very good, we find the pasta not to our liking.  The venue itself isn’t like on the S class ships with the great views of the ocean.  It is a dark space, no big windows on deck 3.  
LePetit was a 1 and done for us.  Food was okay but the structured dining experience wasn’t for us.  Cant comment on sushi as I haven’t tried it.

I can’t comment on the MDR food on the Summit but we sail in Aqua or In suites and I don’t hesitate to order  off the MDR menu (on M & S class ships) when Blu or Luminae don’t have anything I like, and have never been disappointed.

We've had one very good experience at Tuscan and one not-so-good experience there.  I'd probably give them another try.  One surprise was that the pasta wasn't very good.

Sushi on 5 is quite good!  The quality of the sushi ranged from solid to very good, and the other menu offerings also are very good.  Don't think it's all about the sushi. We only ate there at lunch, though it's a good lunch!

I can't comment on Qsine, as Le Petit Chef has not appealed to us.

I've not dined in the MDR, but all the food I've tried off the menu has been quite good.

I wouldn't buy a specialty dining package on Summit because of the limited choice of specialty restaurants.  I've never had much luck with Tuscan.  You will get much better pasta in the MDR.  The sushi restaurant is very good, but you don't need a package to go there.  As for Le Petit Chef, not my thing.  I loved Qsine but it's history.  So save your money and maybe look for an offer for one of the restaurants on the ship if you really want to try them.  The MDR is excellent in my experience.

• Like 1

If you never cruised on Celebrity before I would recommend just using the MDR

Other than that Tuscan may be good for one night if you really feel that you need to dine for 2 1/2 hours and then being stuffed and not wanting to eat any more during the rest of the cruise when leaving.   Naturally you may still end up getting something later on in the buffet 🤗🤮

Sushi is ala carte .   It is available for lunch on sea days and later in the evening every night 

Le Petit Chef is a novelty.  Worth trying once but wouldn’t do it unless on a on a long cruise or B2B 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅