Canada Changes...what about Princess?

peternina

The Canadian government has announced that beginning April 1, fully vaccinated travelers will no longer need to provide a negative COVID-19 test to enter Canada.

Princess requirement for cruises to Canada?

15 minutes ago, peternina said:

The Canadian government has announced that beginning April 1, fully vaccinated travelers will no longer need to provide a negative COVID-19 test to enter Canada.

I doubt anything will change. As far as I know, Princess never said we would need separate testing (for the 4/23 sailing that you and I are on) for Canada one or two days prior. They might have said that; it's hard to keep all these changing scenarios straight. Testing before getting on the ship will still be in place.

Still waiting for Princess to update "Cruising from" for Canada. We don't sail till late May and are hoping the US drops the testing requirements for re entry. hoping after April 18th( the day present masks requirements on aircraft mandate expires). Only time will tell, and that goes for the spread of the "new" strain.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, peternina said:

Note that the changes noted above apply in general to people entering Canada.  There are still restrictions that remain in place for people doing a cruise that sails from Canada.  From the Government Public Health Agency:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/03/government-of-canada-will-remove-pre-entry-test-requirement-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers-on-april-1.html

• Passengers must take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship or take an antigen test within one day of the scheduled departure.

I suspect that these requirements will be changed shortly but as it stands now, the Government of Canada does not require me to get testing to enter Canada, no testing is required to fly one end of the Country to the other (Halifax to Vancouver) for my next cruise but….. I need to be tested to leave Canada on a cruise ship (but not to return to Canada on that ship).  

Does that make any sense to anyone?  Didn’t think so.

Don from Halifax

• Like 2

20 hours ago, alfieisgod said:

Note that the changes noted above apply in general to people entering Canada.  There are still restrictions that remain in place for people doing a cruise that sails from Canada.  From the Government Public Health Agency:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/03/government-of-canada-will-remove-pre-entry-test-requirement-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers-on-april-1.html

• Passengers must take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship or take an antigen test within one day of the scheduled departure.

I suspect that these requirements will be changed shortly but as it stands now, the Government of Canada does not require me to get testing to enter Canada, no testing is required to fly one end of the Country to the other (Halifax to Vancouver) for my next cruise but….. I need to be tested to leave Canada on a cruise ship (but not to return to Canada on that ship).  

Does that make any sense to anyone?  Didn’t think so.

Don from Halifax

It is the cruise company that wants you tested because you are going to be together with several thousand people for a long period of time not just hundreds for 5 hours or so