Questions about Bermuda

Cruisin Around

Hi Everyone!

I have a question for all of you good people!

My husband has recently expressed an interest in cruising to Bermuda. To be honest, I've never really thought much about it for one reason - and I know it's a bad, spoiled reason - they never seem to have a cruise that's long enough! I am by no means a cruise snob! But when I go, I like it to be as long as I can go! We definitely can't just go on anyone because we are on a budget. We've been on two so far. Our first was 10 days and the 2nd was 9. I thought that there were only 5 day ones which would just be a tease to me, but I did notice some 7 day ones now.

My main question is, where can I find the best deals on this port? I am in the Pennsylvania area so I'd like to leave from Philadelphia. I can also leave from Baltimore or Cape Liberty. I'm terrified to fly - so therefore I don't and also don't want the added cost of airfare. Does anyone know about bus transportation? Last year we went with Royal Caribbean and they were able to fold in bus transportation from Harrisburg so we only had to drive to there. I wish they would have a pick up point in Pittsburgh!

So any sites that you think have good deals or info about Bermuda cruises, I would love to hear. Thanks again!

Feel free to email me directly at cruisinaround2004@yahoo.com

Thanks for the website. I'm taking a look.

Can anyone give me any opinions of if they liked the cruises to Bermuda. To me, the longer the cruise the better but can anyone give me their opinion on 5 day versus 7 and what stops they liked. Is there enough to fill your time since you are docked there for a day or two?

Thanks!

The 5 day is not worth it and costs almost as much as the 7 day plus you only stop at King's Wharf the least desirable of the ports. So I would not recommned RCCL.

The best cruise ship - Radisson Naviator stopped its Bermuda service. What is left is NCL and Celebrity for 7 days. Princess and Cunard are also out with the exception of the new Crown Princess making a stop in Bermuda on the return trip from its RT 9 night Carribean runs.

Both NCL and Celebrity are pretty good, with Medium to small ships. For the NCL ships in Bermuda more than one day, Only has the Crown has balconies in the laregst suites. NCL is freesttyle and Celebrity is 2 seatings.

First drive then to NJ I guess using Interstate Rt 80 W. then get on the NJ Turnpike and into Port Liberty its right off the Exit on the nJ TPK in Bayonne, NJ

Celebrity and RCL (Parent) Leave from here and it has Parking too.. this is a secure facility.

It was the big Navy Base where all supplies leaving for Europe went from...

The cruises are great to Bermuda besides loving Bermuda and the cruises the Cruise Lines it is there most profitable run too.. so everyone is happy..

One of my friends George never went on a vacation ever ....so I suggested a cruise for him, his mom and step father.. that they then booked the best suite on the old maiden and George never even left the ship the first voyage to Bermuda.... his parents were estatic over this trip too....:)

that family runs a high end catering biz in NY NJ and NYC...

So a seven day on or off the ship is great to do , yes every cruise we have been there we all wish it was longer and longer.. I think thta doe speak volumes for the praidse of Bermuda ...:D

My husband and I sailed on the Crown in October to Bermuda. We really enjoyed it, seeing 3 different ports was definitely worth it. We found a lot to do all 3 days that we were in Bermuda. We also drove from Pittsburgh, leaving from Philly was very convenient. We had never been there before, the directions from NCL's site were right on and everyone we talked to or asked a question of near ther post were so friendly. We drove up a day early and did sighseeing in Philly, it really is a beautiful city with a lot to see. We would definitely sail from Philly again being it is not a long drive between the 2 cities. Hope you have a great time!!:p

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed our cruise to Bermuda via Zenith last Sept. so much that we hope to repeat the same cruise/same ship this Sept. coming up. It's a 7 day cruise and Bermuda is very easy to navigate with it's excellent bus/ferry system. I felt I really got a good taste of Bermuda in that amount of time vs. the Carribean where you hit many different ports.

I believe this itinerary also offers transportation from the Philly area to Cape Liberty.

Archived