Carnival Vista Upcoming Cruises - Questions

TexasJohn82

Good day all,

My wife and I are scheduled to go on the Carnival Vista April 23 then with the entire family on July 2.  This will be our 2nd and 3rd cruise with the last one being in 2012 on the Magic.

I have been following along on the new changes for pandemic etc. etc. but I had a few unanswered questions I thought would be good here as well.

We are in a Havana Suite on 4/23 then two Balcony cabins on 7/2

• Do you still need a card of some type for the light switches to work (on Magic they had the room key that you inserted)
  • Do they still have magic shows, either in the main theater or up close magic shows?
  • When you get off the boat on ports do they still do it via ticket?  I.e. in Cozumel we will be doing a non Carnival excursion (Playa Mia) and will we need to get a ticket to debark or is that only for tender ports?
  • Any other words of advice on what to expect different from 10 years ago (minus Covid restrictions)?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you will need a some type of card for the lights to work in the rooms. We either use a spent gift card or sign and sail card from a previous cruise.

Don't do the shows so I can not speak to those. HUB app should give you all that info once you are on board.

Only need a ticket if tendering, since you are in a suite you get priority to tender.

Not that much has changed in the last 10 years, newer bars, few new places to eat, food still not that great, actually ate better canned rations in the military than some of the food on the ship.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 12:06 PM, TexasJohn82 said:

• Do you still need a card of some type for the light switches to work (on Magic they had the room key that you inserted)
  • Do they still have magic shows, either in the main theater or up close magic shows?
  • When you get off the boat on ports do they still do it via ticket?  I.e. in Cozumel we will be doing a non Carnival excursion (Playa Mia) and will we need to get a ticket to debark or is that only for tender ports

Just got off her today.

1. Yes, any old card will work

2. Oddly enough I did see a up close magician in the dining room. First I've ever noticed. He went to the same table nearby every evening, but didn't venture to any others around.

3. I've never had to have any tickets to get off the ship. Just your key card.

We were on the Vista in early March.

Didn't see any mention of magicians.

You need tender tickets on tender port days.

Food was nothing to write home about - other than the Steakhouse which was very good.  That's the only specialty dining we did.

4 hours ago, SCBarker said:

Just got off her today.

1. Yes, any old card will work

2. Oddly enough I did see a up close magician in the dining room. First I've ever noticed. He went to the same table nearby every evening, but didn't venture to any others around.

3. I've never had to have any tickets to get off the ship. Just your key card.

WE just got off the Vista - we just used a business card to keep the lights on. We were in an Ocean Suite on 7th deck

6 hours ago, TexasJohn82 said:

Thanks for the replys!

Just off Vista 4/2. There was already a card in the light slot, thought they provided it but may have been left by previous guest? Everyone heads to Lido to hit the Buffet, Guy's Burgers, and Iguana Cantina. Up the stairs in the back to Cucina and JiJi's is underused at lunch for pasta bar and wok. Small gelato station in middle of buffet/sweets is often overlooked by many and features 2 flavors daily plus available toppings; only open lunchtime until 2:30. Guy's Pig and Anchor is outside on Deck 5 for Seaday lunch until 2:30, many unaware being out of the way and limited hours. Hub app, not a phone fan but, nice to have plethora of info at hand and great reminder of all the things going on. Our first cruise on Vista class after many Conquest class cruises, we had a good week.

• Like 2