Under 18 Access To The Internet?

Netnurse31

My son will be 17 when we sail on the Crown in August. We will be sailing in a suite and have free internet access. He is concerned about communicating with his girlfriend when on board and I've already told him that the cell phone will be off limits. Will he be able to have access to the free internet service? Has anyone had experience with this?

One of the perks of having a suite is the free internet access that is offered to you. My understanding is that there is access via a computer in your suite. Hopefully someone on the board will be able to confirm this. I have not had the good fortune of having a suite up to this time.

I just checked google and found this...

"Full suite passengers also enjoy complimentary web access in the Internet Café"

here... http://www.princess.com/answer/onboard.html

Doesn't say anything about age requirements. I should think if overall access is allowed by kids, then your son should as well (obviously). Anyone know if there's an age limit?

We once got upgraded to a Penthouse. And there is free Internet. There is no computer in the room, and that does NOT include a lap top and wireless. You use the internet café and they credit the charges back to your account.

Getting such an upgrade is just awesome. The room had a name. I went the whole cruise saying to my husband our room has a name. And I really did not trust the free internet so used it sparingly. That was just in case they discovered we were just balcony people. I do not think we had even booked a mini that cruise.

I got flowers for formal night. We got free appetizers every night. The room was bigger than our first apartment. It was wonderful, but actually scared the heck out of us. I lived in that Jacuzzi tub.

That is not true. While there are quick links to Earthlink, AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. you can access any internet site from the computers, including your ISPs site for e-mail and www.mail2web.com which gives you access to nearly every other ISP e-mail system.

Tried it and it worked.. I usually just log in directly www."myISP".com and can get there too.

Haven’t used the café in 10 months, didn’t know that all of Princess’ computers and work stations now had identical software fleet wide.

You have always been able to use other e-mail accounts as long as the e-mail you have allows you to access them from remote areas. All you have to know is the web address for your ISP webmail. It is just like entering any web address on the internet browser page. Not all people know that they can access their e-mail from other locations. The web mail page that princess shows on the ships is just quicker to get to your e-mail if you have one of those accounts.

Archived