Allstate RCCL gift certificates

I have Allstate rewards. I have used my points to get 10% discount on Carnival gift cards and could use the cards basically like cash. before or on the ship. Allstate has RCCL gift certificates but have some fairly strict rules:

CERTIFICATE MAY BE USED ONLY AS A FORM OF PAYMENT TOWARD A NEW RESERVATION MADE DIRECTLY WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL AND MAY NOT BE USED TOWARD PAYMENT OF THE REQUIRED INITIAL DEPOSIT, TO OBTAIN ONBOARD CREDIT; OR TO SETTLE ANY SHIPBOARD CHARGES

Has anyone bought the Allstate gift certificates (might be identical to the RCCL GC) and used them for more than just a new booking? I'm hoping to buy $2,000 worth of certificates for $1,800 and pay off my cruise booked with a TA and add OBC.

Thanks 

I have never used Allstate rewards, but I have used GCs that I bought through another site. I don’t think I’d ever do it again, even considering the discount. It was such a hassle. They only applied to new bookings and I had to email the GCs to RCL within 30 days of making the new reservation. I bought a large amount of the GCs not realizing they would email them to me in $100 increments. RCL did not accept just the code on the GC, I had to send in a separate screen shots of each GCs. I spent quite a few days going back and forth over email just figuring out how to get them properly applied.  They seemed pretty strict with the terms  so I would not count on them letting you apply them to an existing booking, but I can only speak to my experience. 

I've never used Allstate Reward.  Totally agree with all posts above.  I still have a couple GCs that I could not use from last year because of the dang restrictions.  Would not buy them again.