Where Is My Flight Ease Flight Information?

jlnprt

6 minutes ago, Laminator said:

I am pretty sure she is on a code share flight.

I think so, too.  But one person in our party is flying separately and has a BA flight.  She was able to get a seat choice.  Strange.  

The one time I had an AA/BA code share was a nightmare.  I couldn't check in for the flight.  I called American and they said I had to check in and get boarding passes from BA.   BA said I had to do it through AA.   AT the airport they couldn't do it either.   Fortunately, that flight was cancelled and they re-routed me and that took care of the problem.  The re-route was actually a better one.  

45 minutes ago, Laminator said:

Are you sure you are on an AA flight or a code share operated by British Airways? If that is the case you will not be able to select your seats. This is one of my options for my upcoming trip. As you can see it shows American Airlines but the flights are operated by British Airways. I am glad I am already booked as I paid half that price for business on United. British Airways as well as Lufthansa will not let you choose our seats when you book. Same with KLM. 

image.thumb.png.a986be1e9668235360252401f346cbc4.png

Is is American, not BA.

8 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

Is is American, not BA.

Try calling American and tell then you lost your confirmation number, Give them your name and flight number and see if they will give it to you. You need the AA confirmation number. Then pull up your confirmation number on the AA website and see if you can choose seats. 

Edited by Laminator

A bit of an update: I still can't access my flights through Flight-Ease, but I took the advice of other posters and went to the airline website where I was able to access my flight information. BUT, I still couldn't select seats. Then I noticed that my flight is "operated by" a different airline than I have reservations with and different "operated by" airlines for flight to Venice and the flight home. Went to one of the "operated by" airlines websites and was easily able to pick my seats. No such luck with the other airline. So ... progress!! I'll keep trying!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jlnprt said:

A bit of an update: I still can't access my flights through Flight-Ease, but I took the advice of other posters and went to the airline website where I was able to access my flight information. BUT, I still couldn't select seats. Then I noticed that my flight is "operated by" a different airline than I have reservations with and different "operated by" airlines for flight to Venice and the flight home. Went to one of the "operated by" airlines websites and was easily able to pick my seats. No such luck with the other airline. So ... progress!! I'll keep trying!!

I would appreciate letting me know if anybody is successful in seat selecting on an international flight on American, operated by American.  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

I would appreciate letting me know if anybody is successful in seat selecting on an international flight on American, operated by American.  Thanks!

Can I ask where tour AA flight is originating?

23 minutes ago, opa&oma said:

I am flying to Amsterdam on American in July.  I have been able to select seats and change seats.  

3 hours ago, dfish said:

I am flying to Amsterdam on American in July.  I have been able to select seats and change seats.  

Thank you!  Please tell me where you were able to do this.  I am not new with using FE, done it several times in the past.

1 hour ago, opa&oma said:

Thank you!  Please tell me where you were able to do this.  I am not new with using FE, done it several times in the past.

Here is an example of an AA flight to Amsterdam out of ORD with a stop in Dallas. You can see the link on the right to select seats. And then the ability to actually select your seats. This is when you first book. 
I believe once you have paid your airfare you can no longer make changes such as seats to your reservation. I am able to change my seats as my flights went directly to my United frequent flyer account. That is why I mentioned earlier that you should call American and explain to them that you lost your confirmation number. You need the actual airline booking number. Not the one HAL provides you. They are different. Once they give you your confirmation number go to the AA website directly and enter your booking number and try to choose your seats then. As you have seen from previous posters they were able to choose their seats on AA when booking flights to Europe. And as you can see below it is possible.

I had to call United as HAL does not have the JR on my name so my name did not match my passport. United handled it in 2 minutes. 

image.thumb.png.4e9e9acc335cdd660ce6c283f8ac76f8.png

image.thumb.png.daed81cca0f4c960ac9b71602f4e8e96.png

image.thumb.png.ddab697d985a06c025e9e49a4ee99fff.png

7 hours ago, opa&oma said:

We chose our seats at the time of booking.  Flights have changed since then and I have changed our seats to what we want on the new equipment.