Divina Bella Balcony GTY assigned to Aurea Balcony

Kandmd

Our personal experience first time cruising on MSC Divina Mediterranean 2019 booked a Fantastica balcony and the night before logged in to my account and saw we were upgraded to a Yacht Club balcony on deck 15. 

We received all of the YC perks including the free internet, drinks and dining in the private YC DR.

So in our case we did not bid on an upgrade we received it for free and it was amazing. 

Had we bid on the YC my understanding is we would not have had the YC privileges however another couple who was on our deck did bid on the YC, won the bid and they were getting free drinks and WiFi. 

Once you’re inside the private YC area the bartender doesn’t ask to see your cruise card when you order a drink. Our butler walked us to the YC dining room the first night introduced us to the maitre’d and he welcomed us with open arms the rest of the cruise. 

So the only thing I can tell you is, you’ll have to wait and see. With MSC you never know. 

What does Aurea include nowadays?  I know they made changes to it last year. 

Edited by styles27

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.  What are my options for getting a Yacht Club Experience for the very best price, or at least a price I can live with.  My upgrade offer starts at $530pp.  That's too much in my opinion.  When I do a dummy booking there are over 25 Yacht Club Cabins available.  I do not expect a free upgrade, as we started with a GTY Balcony and was assigned to a Deck 12 Aurea Balcony cabin....very grateful for that.

3 hours ago, Kandmd said:

Its a 4 night on the Divina with an overnight at Ocean Cay and Nassau.

When ya sailing? I had similar offers for ours heading out SUNDAY! We booked Aurea and had YC x2 and a Suite offer. Suite was $220pp and YC was in your ballpark. We only paid $1100 for the Aurea balcony, couldn’t justify doubling for YC. One day though…

Same cruise, dsnutz!  Same itinerary, same situation I  guess..  I hope you have a great time.  YC is out of reach because we're thinking about value rather than luxury at any cost.

• Like 1