Anyone ever disembark their cruise a few days early?

1 hour ago, linkee said:

I just want to THANK ALL of you for the best info.  I reached out to Ms Katty Byrd and she

was able to be of great help & made arrangements for us to disembark in Ravenna.

Cruise Critic is such a great wealth of information I'm so grateful to all who post on this site.

I have been on CC for years and will continue to unitize it and hope it returns to what is once was, great info!

Glad to hear that it all worked out for you.  She was very helpful to us two years ago under similar circumstances.

On 4/18/2024 at 2:28 PM, The Traveling Man said:

Glad to hear that NCL, and especially Katty Byrd, were able to help you.

I just wanted to let you know that Ms. Katty Byrd was also able to get us clearance to disembarking  early. So I just want to thank you so much for sending me to Ms Katty.

Thanks to Cruise Critic for giving us this platform for discussion!

I am currently on my cruise and corporate didn't forward the approval, so I'm still waiting for approval. Not worried, since front desk didn't seem to think it was a problem, but we'll see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

Some people get left behind when they fail to return to the ship on time.   I'm sure that the authorities are notified when this happens.

That's true, but that really isn't the subject area of this discussion.  Rather than an "oops, I missed my ship" issue, the main thrust of this discussion has been the possibility of planning in advance to depart a cruise prior to its final destination.  If you simply fail to return to the pier by the "all on board" time, most of your belongings will still be in your stateroom, although the ship's crew will attempt to retrieve your passport and turn it over to the harbor master.  If you plan to disembark early, though, the assumption is that you will pack your bags and take all your belongings with you, an entirely different kettle of fish.