Anyone been onboard Azura since the restart?

MX-Drew

I have got a reply from the Executive Offices of the Carnival Group to say they are looking into my complaint and the investigation may take up to 28 days. I board on the 26th of May!

I replied pointing this out and with that in mind the only settlement that is now acceptable is monetary compensation whereas before I was happy with being able to transfer the cruise to another date or extra OBC.

I would suggest we need more people to write with complaints, not too customer services but to (not sure if I can add an email address) executive dot correspondence at carnivalukgroup dot com I hope you can decode.

I will keep you all informed.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I have got a reply from the Executive Offices of the Carnival Group to say they are looking into my complaint and the investigation may take up to 28 days. I board on the 26th of May!

I replied pointing this out and with that in mind the only settlement that is now acceptable is monetary compensation whereas before I was happy with being able to transfer the cruise to another date or extra OBC.

I would suggest we need more people to write with complaints, not too customer services but to (not sure if I can add an email address) executive dot correspondence at carnivalukgroup dot com I hope you can decode.

I will keep you all informed.  

We expressed our displeasure at reception about masks and closed facilities. The duty manager called us in our cabin to discuss but had no explanation. He said he would forward our concerns to head office. 

1 minute ago, DS_Dean said:

We expressed our displeasure at reception about masks and closed facilities. The duty manager called us in our cabin to discuss but had no explanation. He said he would forward our concerns to head office. 

Thanks but I'm sorry to say the likelihood your complaint made it to head office is about the same as P&O will learn to communicate.

Just walked up atrium stairs and some passengers raised voices near reception about ludicrous mask policy. Fresh set of passengers joining today so I suppose reception will have to deal with a whole new set of agitated people!

6 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

Just walked up atrium stairs and some passengers raised voices near reception about ludicrous mask policy. Fresh set of passengers joining today so I suppose reception will have to deal with a whole new set of agitated people!

I can't say I'm sorry for them, although it is not their fault they need to feedback up the chain of command but at customer services the comments only reach as far as the bin.

The whole thing could have been avoided with a simple email from P&O explaining the situation. It is called communication and managing expectations. I learnt all this when I worked in a customer service environment. The modern trend is perceived service which is somewhat different to actual service.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

@DS_Deandid you have pay for Covid test onboard (I think you were on the Greece and Turkey itinerary)? 

No we didn't have to have any on board testing for the second week.

The only test we have done is pre departure, fit to fly.

• Thanks 1

Back home today and have really enjoyed the cruise We did 8.30 sitting in the oriental dinning room and service and food quality good Two poor meals in a week but maybe down to choice made Yes mask wearing not great but if it keeps the ship safe so be it First cruise back since 2020 and although “ different “ still very enjoyable 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LinniB said:

Back home today and have really enjoyed the cruise We did 8.30 sitting in the oriental dinning room and service and food quality good Two poor meals in a week but maybe down to choice made Yes mask wearing not great but if it keeps the ship safe so be it First cruise back since 2020 and although “ different “ still very enjoyable 

Good to hear you had a good time.

according to our itinerary there are two formal nights with the second the night before we disembark. For me this is unusual as it could mean formal wear being packed into hand luggage or does the luggage have to go out much later than I’m used to?

We to got off Azura yesterday after 2 weeks. Had a great time. First cruise pre- pandemic . I really don't get the objections to wearing masks whilst walking around the ship indoors, it's just common sense.  What I did notice was a lack of adequate waiters in MDR. On Wednesday night the Headliners show was rescheduled due to " illness" .

Edited by nidger

7 minutes ago, nidger said:

I really don't get the objections to wearing masks whilst walking around the ship indoors, it's just common sense. 

I suspect that the objections were something to do with the fact that it isn’t common sense at all. It’s completely illogical. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I suspect that the objections were something to do with the fact that it isn’t common sense at all. It’s completely illogical. 

Indeed. And of course that it is not the advertised policy on P&O's own website.

• Like 1

I suspect what would be illogical is the captain to ignore the advice of the ships doctor if covid is on board. I got an email a few days before sailing saying masks wearing to be mandatory indoors whilst walking around. If people had a problem with that then maybe they are the problem. 

• Like 3

I'm pleased to see a couple of posts from people who have just returned from a cruise on Azura, abd even more pleased to see they have been at least a bit more positive about their holidays.

To be honest, I have been really worried our cruise in 4 weeks but not much can be done when the balance has been paid.

Can I please ask, it was previously mentioned that masks have to be worn even when seated at a table unless having a sip of your drink - please tell me this isn't the case 😕

10 minutes ago, Waju said:

I'm pleased to see a couple of posts from people who have just returned from a cruise on Azura, abd even more pleased to see they have been at least a bit more positive about their holidays.

To be honest, I have been really worried our cruise in 4 weeks but not much can be done when the balance has been paid.

Can I please ask, it was previously mentioned that masks have to be worn even when seated at a table unless having a sip of your drink - please tell me this isn't the case 😕

The captain said this on his announcement on protocols that masks are needed when indoors except when eating or drinking. Even when sitting.

However this is contrary to Horizon which just says you need to wear them indoors when moving around the ship. Which is what about 90% plus of people are doing.

Captain announcements are not very coherent. 

It is fine to take masks off when you are sat down, thank goodness.

Edited by DS_Dean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

The captain said this on his announcement on protocols that masks are needed when indoors except when eating or drinking. Even when sitting.

However this is contrary to Horizon which just says you need to wear them indoors when moving around the ship. Which is what about 90% plus of people are doing.

Captain announcements are not very coherent. 

It is fine to take masks off when you are sat down, thank goodness.

Phew!  Thanks for that info.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Waju said:

13 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Good to hear you had a good time.

according to our itinerary there are two formal nights with the second the night before we disembark. For me this is unusual as it could mean formal wear being packed into hand luggage or does the luggage have to go out much later than I’m used to?

Our itinerary also said 2nd formal night on last night but it was in fact the night before the last night

On the last night cases had to be out between 5pm and midnight 

• Thanks 1

We were in Manhatten yesterday and someone went to dance without a mask but was told off by staff. She got up again and staff ganged up on her and eventually senior officer came down to take her to the side.

A fellow passenger recorded a video of of it. Turns out the lady had medical exemption but P&O staff saying no exemptions. I think it was sorted out fine when senior officer came down as she was allowed to continue without a mask thereafter. 

All very confusing on board with staff not really understanding. Hard to blame them as captain comms, Horizon, P&O written down policy are all different.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, DS_Dean said:

We were in Manhatten yesterday and someone went to dance without a mask but was told off by staff. She got up again and staff ganged up on her and eventually senior officer came down to take her to the side.

A fellow passenger recorded a video of of it. Turns out the lady had medical exemption but P&O staff saying no exemptions. I think it was sorted out fine when senior officer came down as she was allowed to continue without a mask thereafter. 

All very confusing on board with staff not really understanding. Hard to blame them as captain comms, Horizon, P&O written down policy are all different.

Was under the impression that medical exemptions were not sufficient reason to not wear one on the ship, at least that's what we were  informed in February?

It definitely caused confusion. At one point there were several staff involved. It wasn't until senior officer (white uniform) came down that it was defused. Then she was allowed to continue without a mask. 

8 hours ago, DS_Dean said:

It definitely caused confusion. At one point there were several staff involved. It wasn't until senior officer (white uniform) came down that it was defused. Then she was allowed to continue without a mask. 

Putting aside the debate of whether mask wearing on board is needed or not needed, P&O really need to make the rules (and any potential consequences) absolutely crystal clear to passengers and crew before and during each cruise and not deviate unless circumstances dictate…… it is like the dress code - not always enforced if a passenger challenges the rules (seen that happen so many times). 

• Like 4