DIGITAL PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM or dplf.

Spif Barwunkel

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Are they still good in Spain with a standard U.S. paper certificate?

If recognized by the EU then yes. However, I can´t say for sure if that is the case. 
Since we have the EU digital certificate, I never had to check 🙅‍♂️

On 4/13/2022 at 7:02 PM, Virginia100 said:

You can fill them out anytime. You are suppose to change if any changes before entering Italy. If no changes when you fill them out does not matter. I filled mine out months ago and printed. No changes since.

This is my understanding, any time greater than 3 days.

10 hours ago, Miaminice said:

it´s a matter of two minutes.

Really? Took me far longer than that just to create the account!  For the cruise form - I listed all the intermediate ports, embarkation and disembarkation times, etc. For the one I completed relative to arrival by plane, it wants all the flight numbers, seats, departure and arrival times. Spent a good part of the day on it yesterday. I've been told that my cruise line will supply detailed info and assistance on  how to complete it, but it's pretty much the passenger's responsibility. After doing the flight info, had to go gack in since I realized I didn't use the 24-hour clock feature. Then there's also this "Verifly" app that needs to be done.

It's all just...a hassle. Thinking that once we get through this next one and then one additional international cruise that we have booked, that might be it unless things change, i.e. going back to a "simpler time". Sticking to travel in the US is what we'll probably do from now on for the most part..or also cruising out of and returning to the US. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

6 hours ago, Miaminice said:

When starting the digital PLF you are asked for the method of transport - which is probably a plane.
Use that one for the whole time frame or complete 2 if you feel safer about it - it is a matter of a few minutes 🙅‍♂️

BTW as mentioned we spent the Easter weekend in Italy. I completed the form about two weeks before and it wasn´t a problem.
Spain dropped the requirement as of April 7 for all who can present a vaccination certificate which is recognized by the EU.

I was only planning on doing 1…..for our flight into Rome

8 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

I was only planning on doing 1…..for our flight into Rome

But then how do the authorities know where you are for the remainder of your visit? Just checked the form again and there are only 4 countries that require it - Italy, France, Malta, and Slovenia. That's it. 

1 minute ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

But then how do the authorities know where you are for the remainder of your visit? Just checked the form again and there are only 4 countries that require it - Italy, France, Malta, and Slovenia. That's it. 

If we need it to get into Italy and sail from and back to Italy, why would we need 2? Who knows? Haven’t seen anything from Celebrity about needing one for cruising once we already did one to get into Italy 🤷🏻‍♀️

Here's something totally crazy....I was just told that I need to add an additional leg on the "arrival by air" form so as to reflect my departure from a country other than the primary destination (Italy), and so I did that; however, if I then check the statement about "is this the final leg of your journey", the form then automatically generates the wrong country as "final destination". It puts in Italy (with no way to get rid of it). So then, if I uncheck "is this the final leg"....I can then delete Italy and put in the US as my final destination country BUT then the form automatically adds yet a 4th leg. The 4th leg (get ready for it) automatically duplicates and adds all the info from the 3rd leg. This is insanity....so I'm back to having NO idea how to actually complete this thing. Hopefully my cruise line will provide clarification. So far I get all sorts of differing ideas. I swear I'm on candid camera sometimes while spending hours on this stupid form. I'm ready to cancel the whole trip and just get in the car and drive up to a cabin in the woods a few hours away!!!  Kick back with a few good books and relax. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood