Rockstar cabanas at Bimini

colesc15

6 hours ago, rebeccac said:

It was $500 per cabana last month when bookings opened up for our July cruise.  I delayed booking and now they are all booked up.

you're probably not missing anything.  we had one booked for our december voyage last year, then saw the reviews and cancelled.  cabanas seemed a little shabby and looked big enough to fit two people comfortably.  the "drink package" was a bit of a misnomer - at that point, you got 5 or 6 cans of wine, beer, or really sweet premixed cocktails.  i understand they may have switched it to straight bar credit, but they've increased the price since last year from $350 to $500. you do get waiter service for food & drinks at the cabanas, but you also have to battle with seagulls to keep your lunch...

our voyage was one of the highest capacity since they started (~1,600-1,700 depending who you asked), so we were nervous that we wouldn't get seats after we had cancelled our cabana.  we were one of the first few people off the ship and had our pick of locations.  seats didn't fill up until maybe noon-12:30, and there was plenty of free shade available.  if you're planning to get there later in the day, or maybe once voyages get closer to max capacity, cabanas might be worth it to have guaranteed seating. 

we used the money we saved by not getting a cabana to get massages another day!

7 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

you're probably not missing anything.  we had one booked for our december voyage last year, then saw the reviews and cancelled.  cabanas seemed a little shabby and looked big enough to fit two people comfortably.  the "drink package" was a bit of a misnomer - at that point, you got 5 or 6 cans of wine, beer, or really sweet premixed cocktails.  i understand they may have switched it to straight bar credit, but they've increased the price since last year from $350 to $500. you do get waiter service for food & drinks at the cabanas, but you also have to battle with seagulls to keep your lunch...

our voyage was one of the highest capacity since they started (~1,600-1,700 depending who you asked), so we were nervous that we wouldn't get seats after we had cancelled our cabana.  we were one of the first few people off the ship and had our pick of locations.  seats didn't fill up until maybe noon-12:30, and there was plenty of free shade available.  if you're planning to get there later in the day, or maybe once voyages get closer to max capacity, cabanas might be worth it to have guaranteed seating. 

we used the money we saved by not getting a cabana to get massages another day!

Awesome thanks! We've loved the cabanas at Coco Cay but wasn't sure if it was worth it at Bimini since we'll have access to the Rockstar area. Sounds like not so much 

Pretty much every review that I've read does not think they are worth it.  I still have just over $200 in future voyage credit (which I understand can be used for excursions including cabanas if you actually call VV) and that is the only reason I was considering it.  Of course, when the price went up from $350 to $500, I had my doubts.  Probably just as well.  

We have one reserved for $325 (lucked out) in middle of May.  We’re weren’t sure what the capacity looked like, plus we figured we could use it as a home base for the 6 of us. I’m keeping a close eye on it.