NY Times puzzles available on Celebrity?

12cruise2

We're going on our first Celebrity cruises in May and July.  We really enjoy the NY Times puzzles each day provided on Holland America.  Does Celebrity happen to print a daily puzzle??? If so, where does one pick it up?  I know we can bring our own puzzles, but are just curious if Celebrity provides them.  Thank you!

27 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

We're going on our first Celebrity cruises in May and July.  We really enjoy the NY Times puzzles each day provided on Holland America.  Does Celebrity happen to print a daily puzzle??? If so, where does one pick it up?  I know we can bring our own puzzles, but are just curious if Celebrity provides them.  Thank you!

Yes they do, my husband does their puzzles. Just go to the Guest Relation desk on deck 3. They have numerous choices daily.

3 minutes ago, 39august said:

Those crosswords on board are nothing like the Times puzzles. Much easier. I did read that someone in a suite had a butler who printed the NY Times daily crossword for him. 

Easier isn't always a bad thing, especially later in the week! 😉 But good to have information regarding difficulty, thank you too.

1 hour ago, 12cruise2 said:

The Standard offering is not NYT, and if you are on a b2b you will see that the 2nd Day 2 is the 1st Day 2 again, same puzzle. But guest relations can be quite accommodating to requests. And, if you have a NYT subscription, go to the iLounge, log on to the paper, print your daily fix from your e.g. iPad, or from one of their systems.

59 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

The Standard offering is not NYT, and if you are on a b2b you will see that the 2nd Day 2 is the 1st Day 2 again, same puzzle. But guest relations can be quite accommodating to requests. And, if you have a NYT subscription, go to the iLounge, log on to the paper, print your daily fix from your e.g. iPad, or from one of their systems.

You can also get the NYT crossword app.  There is a fee to subscribe to the app, but it's not expensive, and the app's interface is easy to use.  I've been a subscriber to the puzzle app for years and I can't live without it!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ShelleyQT said:

You can also get the NYT crossword app.  There is a fee to subscribe to the app, but it's not expensive, and the app's interface is easy to use.  I've been a subscriber to the puzzle app for years and I can't live without it!

Good solution! We have the app but prefer paper. We are old…