Mask policy for cruising in Europe

whiteowl uk

16 minutes ago, tjm0701 said:

Sorry to disagree. The current variant is much like a cold or flu. What did you do for the previous years when you got sick? Yes, an issue could be quarantine, but that is a particular risk I’m willing to take. You have to understand the criteria. The preponderance of people with the virus today are Not being hospitalized. And those that are were either Not Vaccinated or had a previous condition. That is why the CDC (finally) has reduced their rating on Countries and on Cruise ships. I don’t care if you wear a mask or not. But your risk of a serious condition, with Oceania requiring vaccinations and prior testing, is extremely low. Give us the Option Oceania. 

Take your risk, but you are also putting other people at risk.  I want to see how much you like it if you end up in quarantine and miss part of your cruise. You will be just the one making the most noise.

I managed to be safe for the last two years at home.  I spent good money for this cruise and certainly do not want other people to put me or others at risk.

• Like 7

I had a nice long conversation with Laurence Barasse.  She is the General Manager on the Nautica.  I brought up some of the concerns that Oceania is not in sync with the EU.  She said that they are following the EU guidelines for Public Transport.  Cruise Ships fall under that category in the EU.

So maybe those of you questioning that Oceania is making up its own rules should read the EU guidelines for Public Transport.  She also said that Oceania does not intend to remove the mask requirement any time soon.

Terri

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Well have the Aug 27 Insignia France, to NYC transatlantic. Cancelling it.

Not paying big $ to be wearing masks and testing. Bull.

Moving my $ to road trips in Canada and the USA and having a great time without the testing bull. 

And the cruise industry is going down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wittwallen said:

Medical personnel have been wearing masks for literally decades when treating patients. If masks don’t work then why have they spent their entire careers wearing them? It’s really that simple…

which is why I do not want to wear them on my vacation (i am a physician) - no cruising for me yet!

• Like 2