Havana Cabana or Ocean Suite?

On any of the Vista Class, I would go with Havana hands down, but the Havana area isn't as good on the MG.  Therefore, I would decide based on which has the better location on the ship. 

• Like 1

Loved having Havana area on Mardi Gras with 6k it was nice to have a quiet place to go and easy to get a seat.  We had inside Havana but the cabanas looked nice.  Careful with forward facing ones as you can smell smoke from crew area 

I think it depends on what you are looking for.  We loved our Havana Cabana recently on Mardi Gras (during a full spring break sailing) but have not been in an Ocean Suite for comparison.  

As mentioned, on Mardi Gras the Havana pool/deck area is smaller (some say understated) compared to the Vista class ships.  The smaller pool area didn't bother us at all as we typically don't swim and it probably contributed to the area being very minimally used and quiet (which we were looking for).  And if you do swim, there is a good chance you will have the pool all to yourself (at least that was the case on our sailing). 

We could walk out on the Havana deck at anytime and have a wide variety of lounge chairs available, and it was very quiet.  The Havana bar is right there as well (it's 2-sided, so available on the deck side as well as the Havana bar side).

Our cabana patio was awesome - large enough for 3 people to relax and hang out.  We really spent a lot of time there.  I think the pictures are kind of deceptive (it was larger and more private than I expected from seeing the pictures).  Depending on location, some patios have 2 additional lounge chairs out in front of them, but I never saw anyone use them.

If price were not a factor, I'd book this cabin every time.

We could not decide on same two cabins for 2 upcoming MG cruises (later this year and then 2023) so we booked both!  This year we are in a corner OS on deck 12 and in 2023 we are in a HE (Havana Cabana) deck 8 (both port side).  We are excited to compare the 2 cabin types (we normally book balcony or OS) to other ships and review the pros and cons of each. 

If you want more room it sounds like the corner OS might be a good choice from the current reviews out there.