Future Cruise Credit Redemption Question

I had $2,400 FCC from cancelled cruise last summer.  I have to book by April 30.  I just booked a cruise with me in one cabin and my w kids in another cabin.  Since my kids were under 21, that was story in itself.  I had to call to book them in their own cabin.  I finally got it booked over the phone and when I told them about the FCC the rep said I could apply it to my booking with some credit applied to my booking (I guess I could use it for excursion, alcohol, etc) or split it 50-50 and apply to my kids booking.  I just said split it 50-50.  The rep processed my FCC and said the other half will be on a new voucher and I need to call to redeem that when I receive the new voucher.

Has anyone experienced something similar?  I sure hope they don't send me a new voucher next week and then say it expired on the original April 30 expiry date.  

Had some FCC left over from a May booking so I called to apply it to another cruise booked for November. The rep did it all over the phone. I had to give her the original FCC number as well as the May booking number. She converted the left over to another FCC number and applied it to the November booking. I don't see why your rep couldn't just convert the FCC number for you while on the phone.

There are many types of FCC and different process can apply to FCC.  

If FCC is from a cruise that was cancelled by Royal during the pandemic that is most likely Global Suspension FCC.

If FCC is from a cruise a guest cancelled using CWC, that is CWC FCC and it can be handled differently.

Older FCC from the start of the shutdown is often more challenging to manage.

FCC from group bookings can have it own set of issues to manage.

So in practice, it depends.  

1 hour ago, RobinKY said:

I had $2,400 FCC from cancelled cruise last summer.  I have to book by April 30.  I just booked a cruise with me in one cabin and my w kids in another cabin.  Since my kids were under 21, that was story in itself.  I had to call to book them in their own cabin.  I finally got it booked over the phone and when I told them about the FCC the rep said I could apply it to my booking with some credit applied to my booking (I guess I could use it for excursion, alcohol, etc) or split it 50-50 and apply to my kids booking.  I just said split it 50-50.  The rep processed my FCC and said the other half will be on a new voucher and I need to call to redeem that when I receive the new voucher.

Has anyone experienced something similar?  I sure hope they don't send me a new voucher next week and then say it expired on the original April 30 expiry date.  

FYI, Royal has changed the apply by dates.  All apply by dates and sail by dates are now Dec 31, 2022 or later.

Not sure what you were talking about with getting some as credit to be used for shore excursions alcohiol etc.  FCC's cannot be converted into OBC and can only be applied against cruise fare.  

The good news is that Royal has made many changes over the past 3 month to all of their FCC;s and a lot of the previous difficulties have been corrected.  I would call back in 7 days and inquire about the reissue of FCC so that you can apply it to your kids reservation.  Recently I have had them create residual value FCC's (which is what yours is) on the spot and be able to apply it right away.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

FYI, Royal has changed the apply by dates.  All apply by dates and sail by dates are now Dec 31, 2022 or later.

Not sure what you were talking about with getting some as credit to be used for shore excursions alcohiol etc.  FCC's cannot be converted into OBC and can only be applied against cruise fare.  

The good news is that Royal has made many changes over the past 3 month to all of their FCC;s and a lot of the previous difficulties have been corrected.  I would call back in 7 days and inquire about the reissue of FCC so that you can apply it to your kids reservation.  Recently I have had them create residual value FCC's (which is what yours is) on the spot and be able to apply it right away.

Thanks that is good to know.  I thought I was under the gun to book by end of April 30.