Shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier

peachyogurt

This will be our first cruise to Alaska next week on the Serenade of the Seas.  We are planning to see the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. Just wondering if we can book the shuttle at the pier because if the weather is not good, we are not sure if we want to go. 

Thank you.

21 hours ago, peachyogurt said:

This will be our first cruise to Alaska next week on the Serenade of the Seas.  We are planning to see the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. Just wondering if we can book the shuttle at the pier because if the weather is not good, we are not sure if we want to go. 

Thank you.

In the area around the Mt. Roberts Tram there will be a lot of kiosks with vendors selling different tours. Look for the Blue bus kiosk, it's run by M & M tours. If you have a National parks pass bring it it'll save you $5.

• Like 1

Thanks for this info. Are the prices for blue bus kiosk in-person the same as buying online? 

I saw their website, but would rather have the flexibility to buy them in-person that day if the prices are the same.

Also, I do have the national parks pass so if i can save $5 for each of us, that’s another bonus that i didn’t see online on the blue bus site! 

6 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Is it possible to walk this?

Mendenhall Glacier is 13 miles from the cruise dock. You would be walking along the road. I don't remember seeing any paths or sidewalks along the route when we went last October.

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

There’s a city bus that drops 1.2 miles from the Visitor Center at Mendenhall. Not a bad walk if the weather is decent. There is a wide walking path to the visitor center. It’s off the road a bit so may be difficult to see.

https://juneaucapitaltransit.org/

I think this is what I was talking about earlier.  Thx!