Mask requirements for Italy

B x

Info which suggests its effective from 1st May on the UK Government website says "All passengers entering Italy by plane, ferry, train or coach must wear an FFP2 mask in order to enter the country". Can anyone recently arrived in Italy confirm if this is being implemented?

58 minutes ago, B x said:

Info which suggests its effective from 1st May on the UK Government website says "All passengers entering Italy by plane, ferry, train or coach must wear an FFP2 mask in order to enter the country". Can anyone recently arrived in Italy confirm if this is being implemented?

We disembarked in Civitavecchia from the Edge TA, wearing the KN95 mask that Celebrity gave all of us, as being officially accepted in Italy. Since then, we have taken the train to Siena, been to several towns here in Tuscany, several restaurants and shops-absolutely no one cares if you have a mask on at all, let alone an “official” mask. On the train, there is a recording that plays about wearing a mask, and everyone on the train did wear a mask-but ANY mask was fine-and no one was checking. The shop and restaurant employees wear masks, but none of the guests. 

We came back from Rome a couple of weeks ago and they were very strict. To go into the museums, restaurants etc, it had to be a FFP2 mask. 
this was implemented from boarding the flight in the U.K. 

Edited by rachiem

I note this question has been moved to 'Italian Ports' but my question did not relate to ports, it was actually about entering the Country in the first place, before one ever gets close to a port to embark a cruise ship......"All passengers entering Italy by plane, ferry, train or coach must wear an FFP2 mask in order to enter the country"

Edited by B x

What difference would it make if the rules were enforced entirely vs. occasionally?  As you have no control over anyone else's behavior I think you have to assume that some people will flaunt the rules and will get away with it, 100% compliance isn't a realistic expectation.

The current regulations requiring masks are in effect at least until May 31, 2022.  Source of below info:  COVID-19 | Italia.it (English)

The use of FFP2 masks remains mandatory in the following locations:

• airplanes
  • ships and ferries used for interregional transport services
  • High Speed, Intercity, Intercity Night, and Interregional Trains
  • buses connecting more than two regions
  • buses/coaches used for chartered services with driver
  • local and regional public transport
  • indoor performances in theatres, cinemas, concert halls, entertainment venues and live music
  • indoor sports events

However, the use of the mask in all indoor environments and in all cases of crowded outdoor events is highly recommended.

Please note that nonetheless, in all situations, the following people are excluded from the requirement to wear masks:

• children under the age of six
  • persons with a medical condition or disability that is incompatible with the use of a mask, and persons who must communicate with a disabled person
  • individuals who are engaging in athletic activities
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, B x said:

I note this question has been moved to 'Italian Ports' but my question did not relate to ports, it was actually about entering the Country in the first place, before one ever gets close to a port to embark a cruise ship......"All passengers entering Italy by plane, ferry, train or coach must wear an FFP2 mask in order to enter the country"

All kinds of questions about the countries are asked on these boards (e.g., tons of information about arrivals/departures by air, hotels, sightseeing) -- I'm not sure where it would be more appropriate than here?

• Like 6