bring soda question

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Do you just pay per drink then on top of what you have in your room? 

Yes. We get our four free a day, which are usually alcoholic beverages.  🙂  If I really need a coke, I pay for one and specify that I do not want it to be one of my free drinks.

3 hours ago, BillHoo said:

Hmmm.  I coulda swore I had a mini-fridge the last cruise.  Just looked at some photos of average Royal cabin and I believe you are correct!

Now that I recall... the last cruise, I had brought a big 7-11 48 oz. thermal mug and filled that with ice at the windjammer to have a cool drink onhand whenever I wanted.

This time, my plan for upcoming cruise is to bring a backpack cooler with a really big ziplock bag or two.  Fill the ziplock with ice and put it in the cooler bag with my canned beverages.  The backpack is waterproof, but I'll double bag the ice anyway.

Why do all that when you could just have the steward bring a bucket of ice?  She kept mine full last cruise. 

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

Yes. We get our four free a day, which are usually alcoholic beverages.  🙂  If I really need a coke, I pay for one and specify that I do not want it to be one of my free drinks.

Ahh ok. We have to get the drink package so that would not work for us 🙂

1 hour ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Ahh ok. We have to get the drink package so that would not work for us 🙂

If you have the drink package, the only reason to bring soda on board would be if it is a brand they do not carry, or if you really want to be able to chill in your room with your soda without having to walk to a bar. 

16 hours ago, flamingos said:

If you have the drink package, the only reason to bring soda on board would be if it is a brand they do not carry, or if you really want to be able to chill in your room with your soda without having to walk to a bar. 

True

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's a good thing since a 6 pack pp divided by a 7 day cruise is less than a can a day.

Yup, and that's about what we drink, in the room, on a 7-day cruise.  It works for us.  🙂

On 5/8/2022 at 2:46 PM, Lane Hog said:

RCL is a bit stingy here.  They allow 12 cans per stateroom, but since this is before check-in, you don't have room keys and the screeners don't necessarily know who is or isn’t traveling together in the same stateroom.  You might be able to get more past them if you spread out at the checkpoint... 😉

Yeah the 12 cans per stateroom (not person) is a bit annoying. We're going on our first RCI cruises next year and might give the spread out trick a try haha.   The soda package is good value for adults, but for younger kids where you might want them to maybe have one drink a day while on holidays, the value simply isn't there.

On 5/12/2022 at 1:59 PM, trey420 said:

Why do all that when you could just have the steward bring a bucket of ice?  She kept mine full last cruise. 

Because I hate the mess of a wet cooler.  Just transfer the bucket of ice into the ziplock bags.

As for my big mug, I fill t with fruit (pineapple, strawberry, melon etc.) and ice for fruit infused water to stay hydrated.