Juneau cruise dock shuttle service July 4th

JudithLynne

I would appreciate any firsthand information about shuttle service from Mt Roberts tram to downtown Juneau.  I have read that shuttles run every 15 mins and the all-day cost is $3 pp.  This would be an asset for my DH and me.  We will be on one of the four large ships in town on July 4th.  Is there a website to find out if they will have shuttles on the holiday?  I have read that busses will not run that day.

Thanks for any info or advice.

The tram station and downtown Juneau is in the same area/street. We've never needed a shuttle but perhaps your needs are different depending on where you're docking as we've always docked right across from the Mt Roberts tram. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your needs.

Three piers are within a block of the Mt. Roberts Tram - no shuttles require as you are for

the most part already downtown (tourist gift shops etc.) on Franklin street the main drag -

There is a 4th pier the AJ Dock it is about a half a mile away by road and free shuttle service.

At both of these locations the ship excursions meet you almost right after you get off the

gangway to your ship.

Look for signs - agents tour guides walking around clip boards and small placard signs -

ask questions ? ? ? 

Reference Google Map:

Google Maps

Zoom the Map out for more/less detail i.e. Mendenhall Glacier

The four ships scheduled for July 4 2022 -

Princess - Crown Princess

Holland-America - MS Koningsdam

Holland-America - MS Eurodam

Celebrity - Solstice

Maybe the City government buses may be on a Holiday schedule -

but certainly NOT the cruise line shuttles and excursions

On 5/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

The four ships scheduled for July 4 2022 -

Princess - Crown Princess

Holland-America - MS Koningsdam

Holland-America - MS Eurodam

Celebrity - Solstice

Here's the current dock schedule for 7/4:

Princess - Crown Princess FKL Dock

Holland-America - MS Koningsdam   AS Dock

Holland-America - MS Eurodam   CT Dock

Celebrity - Solstice   AJ Dock

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses.  We will be on the Eurodam at dock CT, which is right at the tram.

It sounds like it is not a problem walking to town.  There is some information online that it is 1 and1/4 mile from dock CT to downtown but that doesn't sound right to me. (?) It has been some time since we were docked at Juneau.

Years ago, we were docked at AJ on Princess, and it was very difficult walking to town, there were no shuttles at that time.

13 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

Thank you all for your responses.  We will be on the Eurodam at dock CT, which is right at the tram.

It sounds like it is not a problem walking to town.  There is some information online that it is 1 and1/4 mile from dock CT to downtown but that doesn't sound right to me. (?) It has been some time since we were docked at Juneau.

Years ago, we were docked at AJ on Princess, and it was very difficult walking to town, there were no shuttles at that time.

Using the Google Map for reference:

Google Maps

Zoooom the map in and out for greater/lesser details - - - - -

In the lower right of the image (the Red Roof building) is the Cruise Terminal - closest to

the Mt. Roberts Tram Franklin St main drag from the cruise docks to downtown.

The walk to downtown is rather level however going to see the State Capitol building

and the governor's house would be going up a grade - of course what goes up must

come down and the return to your ship is easy peasy.

With the three downtown docks fine and the then the AJ dock well not so well but it

sure beats tendering. 

In any event unless the weather is terribly foul (fowl suitable for the birds) get off your

ship and do a bit of walk-about or take in an excursion !

Thank you for the map.  I researched the time getting from dock CT to various places downtown and am pleased to learn that it is not much of a walk and is very doable for us.  For some reason I was thinking that that the Tram was much further from town.  Very relieved.