CCL hits 52 week low

Just curious how long it takes from buying 100 shares to be able to get the OBC?  My husband and I have 3 cruises booked, so I figure if we're ever going to invest, now would be the time (while it's down and while we have 3 cruises booked).  I just didn't know how long it would take to be able to get the credit.

1 hour ago, ski_mom said:

Just curious how long it takes from buying 100 shares to be able to get the OBC?  My husband and I have 3 cruises booked, so I figure if we're ever going to invest, now would be the time (while it's down and while we have 3 cruises booked).  I just didn't know how long it would take to be able to get the credit.

I have had the credit applied on the ship when I booked a last minute cruise.  Not saying that is ideal, but it has happened.  If you do buy, it might be advantageous to apply for the OBC asap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ski_mom said:

As soon as you have the confirmation that you bought the necessary 100 shares, you can apply.

• Like 1

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/carnival-cruise-line-cuts-passenger-capacity

GRR.  This piece was written in ten minutes and is both stock price impacting and not right in many/most  places.  It reminds me of the regular stories of using a cruise ship instead of assisted living facility.  So your steward will help brush your teeth and find your meds.

The lines in general (+CCL) are driving hard to get to >100% capacity.  The QM2 is an obscure corner case   

Carnival CEO Donald mentioned Carnival should be EBITDA should be positive by summer due to strong future bookings, that should be positive for the stock.  However, all cruise stocks took on significant debt and issued more shares to stay afloat during the pandemic.  With increasing interest rates it will not be profitable to re-finance the debt, though they may have to due to when the debt comes due. They will not re-instate the dividend for several years to come. If you cruise routinely, you can get a 7% return by buying 100 shares at 14 and taking the $100 OBC (100/1400).  Not bad.  Any other investment decision is dependent on your risk appetite.  

• Like 1

Good analysis.  There was another bright spot- onboard revenues are reported to be strong.  If the cash rolls in from full ships - they can hopefully pay off some debt.  I spent a few hours in the "welcome back" promos - the deep discounts on anything except 3-4 day, older ships and inside cabins are a no.  

I think Wall Street is impatiently waiting for profitable revenue growth, which could happen in a quarter or two.  Is this a sure thing - only death and taxes are 🙂