QM2 Wifi Pursers desk now the location for help.

LifeonMars

Connexions Manager no longer on board, all queries and assistance had to be done at the Pursers Desk.

This caused Extra long queues at the Pursers desk  for those passengers that needed help with connecting to the wifi and placing the  "MyVoyage" on their devices, as the Pursers Desk appeared to be never fully staffed.

So passengers who had a complaint were even more annoyed with the long waiting time to be seen.

Weird decision. 

IMG_2557.jpeg

Edited by LifeonMars

I was at the Purser’s Office early this morning; young staffer very helpful AND they are placing two staff members in Connections later today😊. May 10. 

I also think their new wi-fi choices are unhelpful; but I am a Luddite when it comes to IT.☹️ 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Are you onboard now ? @safarigal mentioned it on her blog last week, I wondered if it was a temporary arrangement or a permanent change.

Host Hattie, was on last week and back in March, The pursers desk did say they were considering placing some staff in connexions but it was undecided. Looks like they have seen the light, 😀.

• Like 1

For any who don't know if you keep to the right past the pursers desk and walk toward the bow there's a desk just round the corner where the wifi reception is the best for trying to stream anything.  Watched my football match with minimal interruptions🙂

Forget the Pursers office unless you want a long wait.When we were on the Queen Mary last month the best option if you had a wifi problem was the guy running the bookshop.He is really helpful and as he doesn't have a lot to do he is happy to help when he can