Live Cruising Review Adventure of the Seas 5/12/22 - 5/21/22 Bermuda / Caribbean Lots of Pictures !!!

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

You don’t need reservations but MTD is pushed into smaller window than usual. (I think it used to start at 6pm, although we have never ate that early so not sure.) There were a lot of people who wanted 6.45 - 7.30 - those that would normally eat then, plus those who would normally eat earlier. They let them all book despite not having enough staff to service it. We moved our regular time from 7.30 to 7.45 and it worked much better.

They do now have two lines, one for reservations and one for walk-ups like all other ships I have been on that had MTD but in February they didn’t and lines were ridiculous with everyone in one line. We always pre-book a time slot before boarding and alter on board if necessary. First time I have heard of Royal designating a time slot in advance as a marker. 

Another difference with this ship was that if we have decided to do Windjammer or Specialty dining we have always let them know on other ships, as a courtesy, so they release our table but this seemed to create so much confusion on Adventure we stopped informing them.

When you are on MTD I highly recommend going to dinner at 8PM because the rush is over and you will get more personalized service and faster service.  On this cruise everyone rushes in at 6:45 and it’s a mad house.  Have a little something at Cafe Promenade/ Pizza / Diamond Lounge/ Snack options and then go to a show then dinner is my recommendation!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Cruise less? 🤣

OMG i laughed at the price of that soda! Holy cow...Guess I won't complain here anymore. I actually had our son and daughter in law guess at the price. Justin was way off, but Shannon actually said 20.00! I was shocked...lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lovemymaggie said:

OMG i laughed at the price of that soda! Holy cow...Guess I won't complain here anymore. I actually had our son and daughter in law guess at the price. Justin was way off, but Shannon actually said 20.00! I was shocked...lol

The prices were high before the pandemic but they have gone way up!  It’s insane….the locals tells me that when they go to the states they usually buy laundry detergent pods and bring them back 😝 

Day 4

Trying something different for lunch today.. MDR …. It’s very empty because most people are at the pool deck.  I am taking the path with least resistance on this ship so my schedule is different than on an Oasis class ships for maximum enjoyment 

B21F8CAC-2E7D-4563-AD48-A48CB162BC45.jpeg

D8D00971-DF72-45CD-A05A-BEFEDE4EDD90.jpeg

33205BC3-A669-4795-9FA4-9355DB117E63.jpeg

A7C93C45-F811-4D9E-A606-6D566E15B024.jpeg

130E3156-E6ED-4815-BC0A-DC73F83886C1.jpeg

9071F740-9358-4C0F-B4FE-BE57A6591CFD.jpeg

• Like 1

Day 4

Trying something different for lunch today.. MDR …. It’s very empty because most people are at the pool deck.  I am taking the path with least resistance on this ship so my schedule is different than on an Oasis class ships for maximum enjoyment 

10 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i can eat mozzarella sticks all day long..looks like i need to add mdr lunch to my calendar!!!

On a sunny sea day where the weather is nice MDR is empty and the windjammer is packed so it’s a good day to try MDR.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

You don’t need reservations but MTD is pushed into smaller window than usual. (I think it used to start at 6pm, although we have never ate that early so not sure.) There were a lot of people who wanted 6.45 - 7.30 - those that would normally eat then, plus those who would normally eat earlier. They let them all book despite not having enough staff to service it. We moved our regular time from 7.30 to 7.45 and it worked much better.

They do now have two lines, one for reservations and one for walk-ups like all other ships I have been on that had MTD but in February they didn’t and lines were ridiculous with everyone in one line. We always pre-book a time slot before boarding and alter on board if necessary. First time I have heard of Royal designating a time slot in advance as a marker. 

Another difference with this ship was that if we have decided to do Windjammer or Specialty dining we have always let them know on other ships, as a courtesy, so they release our table but this seemed to create so much confusion on Adventure we stopped informing them.

I want a locked in time slot if that is how RCI is doing things.  If they are not starting till 645, the line for walk ups will be ridiculous. Looks like I'll be stuck requesting 530 main seating.

Wish they did app check in like Carnival, no waiting in line and substantially better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovemymaggie said:

Did the same with my DW.  Once I told her the price of the two litre bottle, she also guessed 20.00.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

On a sunny sea day where the weather is nice MDR is empty and the windjammer is packed so it’s a good day to try MDR.

I know it's closed on port days and open on sea days.  What about embarkation day to avoid the Windjammer jam?

14 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I want a locked in time slot if that is how RCI is doing things.  If they are not starting till 645, the line for walk ups will be ridiculous. Looks like I'll be stuck requesting 530 main seating.

Wish they did app check in like Carnival, no waiting in line and substantially better.

thats how i feel booked my cruise coming up on may 26. this will be first time with a 530 traditional dinning time, something i have not done in many many years

also on carnival i love love their app. i can go on the app and request a reservation. then in like less then 5 minutes i get a notification with my table number. a much much better process then going to the waitress stand

47 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I have tried to dine at 6:45 / 7 on Oasis and Adventure with MTD and that’s the worse time to go dine!  Busy / everyone running a mock… especially on embarkation day.  Go late and avoid and crowd.  They do not kick you out of dinning room unless you are staying till midnight 😂 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You will like the 5:30 seating… it’s very civilized… I hope it is still the case in June!

37 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I know it's closed on port days and open on sea days.  What about embarkation day to avoid the Windjammer jam?

No … on Oasis you will have many options so the Windjammer is not as crazy as Adventure of the Seas since we don’t have that many dinning venue!

Day 4

I was skeptical of these “enclosed” balcony rooms but I really like it.  You have privacy and wind protection.  I like it!  It looks ugly from the outside but it’s all good from the inside!

3525F235-9BC2-44F7-A257-4C3EC5FF8FF6.jpeg

0515EABE-42B3-439A-9C6F-CE4E25DBC6A3.jpeg

21238839-BB1C-46DA-87C5-06D978E17A26.jpeg

0E1EE8DE-FFDF-4605-90D3-7292FEE7E28B.jpeg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, OldTymeCruiser said:

As a travel agent what do you think cruise lines can do to improve service, food, entertainment etc during the pandemic era? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Waldo (aka Benny) is not a travel agent, just a business professional lucky enough to work from his laptop while cruising the world.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like to leave home what I can when we cruise, so, I have a question. We will be on the Adventure Sept 1. Have they upgraded the showers as they were doing on the Allure in March? Do they now have the pump containers of body wash, shampoo and conditioner? AND before you ask yes I do take the small sizes of 3 oz..:)

• Like 1