When to purchase excursions/packages

Just booked a cruise for next spring.  Still a little nervous with Covid, but that's another thread for another day,  After booking I looked online and the drink package was discounted 30% and the water park at CocoCay was also reduced.  I checked today, about a week after booking and the prices have already gone up.

So my question, will these prices continue to fluctuate until our cruise?  Is there a certain price where I shouldn't wait anymore and grab it?  I assume the closer we get to the cruise date the higher the price will be but not sure how much higher

Go ahead an buy when the price is right for you.  Anything you pre-pay in "Manage My Cruise"  can be cancelled and fully refunded up to a few days before you board, so if the price drops, just swap it out.  Ignore the "30% off" and other "sale" banners.  They are all randomly generated.  My cruise has had various banners and the prices go up and down.  For example, a few days ago, the DBP was "BOGO 50% OFF" and it was $70 per person, after the discount.  Then it was "20% off Onboard prices" but was $75pp.  Today it's still $70pp, but no sale banner.  As for excursions, some do have limited space.  For example, we booked one "ultimate tour" that is limited to 14 guests.  I jumped on that on ASAP.  

Edited by rudeney
  • Thanks 2

I buy everything I want.  I monitor the prices and if they drop I rebook.  Waiting for a price drop will leave you looking at a booked up excursion if you wait to long.  No good reason to wait really to maybe save.