Current response time to "Tellus@"

WNcruiser

I recently sent them a question.  It took 2 or 3 days to get a response.  But they actually called me and left a message on my voicemail.  And then called again the next day and I was able to talk to them directly and get my question answered.

• Like 1

I emailed them at tellus@ on May  8, fairly late at night.

By Thursday, May 12, i had received no response, neither email nor phone call, so I called Customer Service. 

After about a 12 minute wait on hold, the call was answered by a person: 

Fortunately for me, the customer service representative I spoke to is a sterling asset to Viking. 

Sergio Saucedo was open, polite, and professional.

He was admirably attentive and patient. 

He called up my original May 8 email to tellus@; asked me if he could put me on hold while he read it; and he then worked with me, congenially, to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

He also explained to whom within Viking he would forward my concern so that procedures could be reviewed.

My concern was a one-off type situation that may have been an anomaly, not systemic. 

I complimented Sergio on his skill in making me feel heard and valued. 

Training can teach some of that customer service magic, but innate talent and diligence polish it. 

I'm mentioning his name in case Viking reads this forum. 

Sergio Saucedo deserves recognition for embodying Viking's commitment to excellence! 

Edited by Blue willow
  • Like 3

Thank you for the responses. I have been waiting 4 days and nothing. I will give customer service a call Monday if I don’t hear back by then. 

Edited by WNcruiser
Spelling

15 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Has anyone emailed "tellus" lately? How long did it take to get a response? I have been waiting several days and was curious if they just are busy or they aren't going to respond. 

I've contacted them twice; the first time I never heard back. I emailed them yesterday, haven't heard anything yet (but my question has since been resolved, so it's okay). I'll be interested to see if they ever respond.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Has anyone emailed "tellus" lately? How long did it take to get a response? I have been waiting several days and was curious if they just are busy or they aren't going to respond. 

I recently emailed “tellus” late on a Friday night and received a call from a very nice lady on the following Tuesday morning. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 9:29 AM, longterm said:

I've contacted them twice; the first time I never heard back. I emailed them yesterday, haven't heard anything yet (but my question has since been resolved, so it's okay). I'll be interested to see if they ever respond.

I waited a week and never heard from them. I did call “customer service” but they were of no help at all. It seemed like the person was new and not very knowledgeable.

Not a good first impression for a new guest. 

• Like 1

I emailed them Thursday afternoon; I got a call back Monday morning, asking about the special for the Grand European that would give us each a Silver Spirits package (which we would barely use).

The rep told me we were a couple of days early in booking, so we couldn't be given the perk, but she gave us each a $150 OBC for the cruise. Not what we were hoping for, but considering we'll probably not do much drinking on the cruise, probably better in the long run.

High marks to Viking for calling me personally, and for giving us at least a bit of compensation.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, longterm said:

I emailed them Thursday afternoon; I got a call back Monday morning, asking about the special for the Grand European that would give us each a Silver Spirits package (which we would barely use).

The rep told me we were a couple of days early in booking, so we couldn't be given the perk, but she gave us each a $150 OBC for the cruise. Not what we were hoping for, but considering we'll probably not do much drinking on the cruise, probably better in the long run.

High marks to Viking for calling me personally, and for giving us at least a bit of compensation.

I’d take the OBC - I got free SS for our Rhine cruise this fall, but would have preferred the OBC.