Guarantee room assignments

bermuda8553

Hi I booked a balcony guarantee cabin. Has anyone been assigned a cabin and if so how long before your cruise left did you fid out. I'm less than 2 weeks away and still have not received a cabin number.Thanks for any info. 

33 minutes ago, bermuda8553 said:

Hi I booked a balcony guarantee cabin. Has anyone been assigned a cabin and if so how long before your cruise left did you fid out. I'm less than 2 weeks away and still have not received a cabin number.Thanks for any info. 

At this point, later is probably better. Week of cruise, you may be assigned a cabin someone vacated due to an upgrade. An assignment today may be a room that nobody else wanted [for a reason - e.g., a room under the gym where you would enjoy the pounding of people running on treadmills starting at 6 am every morning, or a room over a noisy bar]. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

You can be assigned a cabin anytime from shortly after you have booked up until the day of your sailing.

Ty I was hoping it would be sooner rather than later since the ships are not full. Anxious to get those luggage tags on my suitcase. 🧳😊

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

At this point, later is probably better. Week of cruise, you may be assigned a cabin someone vacated due to an upgrade. An assignment today may be a room that nobody else wanted [for a reason - e.g., a room under the gym where you would enjoy the pounding of people running on treadmills starting at 6 am every morning, or a room over a noisy bar]. 

2 minutes ago, bermuda8553 said:

Ty I was hoping it would be sooner rather than later since the ships are not full. Anxious to get those luggage tags on my suitcase. 🧳😊

I was on the Gem in November.  We booked a guarantee OV 5 days before embarkation.  Got the cabin immediately.  It was OK....nothing great.  Got the offer to bid for upgrade 2 days before embarkation.  Bid for balcony...and got a great cabin.  I was thinking at that time that the original occupant must have upgraded.  So I'm with @BirdTravels....the later the better.

Right now I'm waiting for a June 5th assignment......