Star day credits for spending with the HIA promo

Ready2go11

I am on the Zaandam currently and had a promo very similar to the current HIA that was booked over a year ago- signature beverage package, premium wifi, crew appreciation and dining package. Unlike on past cruises, the promo items have not been added to my shipboard account and then credited back to net to $0. I am wondering if these promo items will not count towards star day credits like they have in the past since they do not show up at all on the shipboard account as spend items. The only think that appears on my account each day is “Have It All Package” with a $0.00 charge. 

Although  I am not looking for credits I do not deserve, the promo package added costs to my cruise (…don’t they advertise that you get these benefits half off with the HIA package add on?). 

Can anyone off a recent cruise with a HIA package share what spend credits they have received? 

Thank you 

They (cost of beverage package, tips, complementary meals, shore excursion credit, if you get it) will be credited to your Mariner days. "Promotional credit $0.00" showed up daily for our tips. We got charged for one complementary dinner, which was immediately removed when pointed out.

1 hour ago, Ready2go11 said:

I am on the Zaandam currently and had a promo very similar to the current HIA that was booked over a year ago- signature beverage package, premium wifi, crew appreciation and dining package. Unlike on past cruises, the promo items have not been added to my shipboard account and then credited back to net to $0. I am wondering if these promo items will not count towards star day credits like they have in the past since they do not show up at all on the shipboard account as spend items. The only think that appears on my account each day is “Have It All Package” with a $0.00 charge. 

Although  I am not looking for credits I do not deserve, the promo package added costs to my cruise (…don’t they advertise that you get these benefits half off with the HIA package add on?). 

Can anyone off a recent cruise with a HIA package share what spend credits they have received? 

Thank you 

We were just on for 18 day Hawaii and had signature beverage package and prepaid gratuities and one special dinner and WIFI included.  We also had 600 OBC.  Anyhow we did only get 21 days. So did not get the credit for the SPB, or gratuities or cost of WIFI, as most of you know we do end up paying for those benefits as we pay higher cruise fare, we are just in essence prepaying those benefits.  We did not get extra credit,  has anyone else received extra credits when those items are all in a prepaid package.

7 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

For our cruises in November and February, we had the former HIA promo, not the current HIA fare. In both instances, our Mariner days were calculated as if we had spent the money for the HIA items.

The same for our family group of 7 with HIA plus nice OBC and, as  always, applied quite generous in our opinion. Cruise in May 22 originally booked in 2019 for 2020,

On 5/15/2022 at 2:49 PM, Ready2go11 said:

Thank you 

Good morning, We just returned from an 18 day Hawaii cruise with the HIA pkg. I was told by HAL at the time of booking that I would not get extra credits for extra cost of the pkg. I did however get the spending credits upon our return. The agents on the phone do not have all the correct information unfortunately.