COVID Testing 1 Day Prior - Rome Terminal

Hi all! My husband and I leave on 5/25 for our 11 Night Holy Land cruise on the Odyssey of the Seas. According to RCCL's website, we will need a negative PCR or rapid antigen test no more than 1 day prior to boarding. Here is our dilemma: we fly out of Boston, MA on 5/24 on a red-eye. Most PCR tests I see offer results within 1-2 days, which may not be ready by the time we board. We have called RCCL and they are absolutely no help. If we get a rapid test performed on 5/24 early morning EST, would we be fine boarding with that result? Alternatively, is anyone familiar with the costs and availability/locations of rapid antigen testing in Rome/Cittavecchia? My husband is panicking that we will not have the right testing completed timely. 

It is one day not 24 hours so a test any time on the 24th will be fine ( irrespective of time zone) if you board on 25th. 

It can be LFT  (antigen) not PCR 

There is testing at FCO when you land - it’s only €20pp

https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en/test-areas-at-the-airport?p_p_id=it_txt_adr_cookiepolicy_web_portlet_AdrCookiePolicyBannerPortlet&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view

There are also testing pharmacies in Civ ( I personally wouldn’t leave it that late) 

https://www.civitavecchiaport.org/covid-19-swab-testing-at-the-port-of-civitavecchia/

• Like 1

We used:

FARMACIA TOR MILLINA

Al tuo fianco

Via di Tor Millina, 6 - 00186 Roma

Tel. 06 6874628

Whatsapp (solo msg) 339 2413911

We paid 22 Euro per person, charged to my VISA card.  Process took about 15 minutes. Did not have to stay. Results to my email within half an hour of test. Five minute walk from Piazza Nuvona. 

• Like 1

I suggest a proctored antigen test by phone before you catch the red-eye.  That way you are within the 1 day requirement, plus you don't have to get results after you've flown to Europe.  You have them in 15 minutes, and stay home if you are positive.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BeginnercruiserHD said:

I assume we’ll get one in Rome the day before we depart or get the proctored tests.

Fine, but have a Plan B in case you test positive. Remember if you’re American, you won’t be allowed to fly home until you’re negative and Italy requires you to self-isolate for at least 7 days.

9 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Fine, but have a Plan B in case you test positive. Remember if you’re American, you won’t be allowed to fly home until you’re negative and Italy requires you to self-isolate for at least 7 days.

Yeah we’re planning on taking a self test before we leave and bringing an extra self test each and also masking up taking all the precautions we can.

Edited by BeginnercruiserHD

6 hours ago, katiemylady said:

Hi all! My husband and I leave on 5/25 for our 11 Night Holy Land cruise on the Odyssey of the Seas. According to RCCL's website, we will need a negative PCR or rapid antigen test no more than 1 day prior to boarding. Here is our dilemma: we fly out of Boston, MA on 5/24 on a red-eye. Most PCR tests I see offer results within 1-2 days, which may not be ready by the time we board. We have called RCCL and they are absolutely no help. If we get a rapid test performed on 5/24 early morning EST, would we be fine boarding with that result? Alternatively, is anyone familiar with the costs and availability/locations of rapid antigen testing in Rome/Cittavecchia? My husband is panicking that we will not have the right testing completed timely. 

Suggest eMed proctored test any time on the day you fly. We have used it for all of our cruises. And our insurance company reimburses us for the cost of the test. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/where-can-i-purchase-an-emed-kit