Hotel Piram Rome

Gr8Mariner

42 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Did you book Golden Tulip Piram through NCL?  Does the hotel have an airport shuttle?  Is it complimentary?

We've booked the hotel through NCL for next year's cruise, and there is a shuttle from the port to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport.  (Can't say if it's complementary or not; I'm sure the price is built in somewhere.)

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

We've booked the hotel through NCL for next year's cruise, and there is a shuttle from the port to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport.  (Can't say if it's complementary or not; I'm sure the price is built in somewhere.)

We're booked for an October 3 to 13, 2023 NCL cruise.  They are telling me that the two pre-cruise days are waitlisted as the hotel has no further rooms to offer NCL.  We're supposed to be confirmed for the night we disembark.

• 8 months later...

We stayed there last summer. My wife and I (aged 44 and 49) were guests there both before and after our 7 day sojourn around the Med on the NCL Epic. 
The good:

Clean rooms, if a bit sparse

Good location to train station (we took rail to Venice and Florence)

Rooftop bar is lovely at night

Breakfast staff were VERY attentive and helpful 

The mediocre:

Breakfast itself is meh. Lots of options, but the menu stays the same each day. Powdered eggs aren’t my thing, either. 
“Air conditioning” isn’t real. Lol. Won’t come on unless your keycard is in the door, and by then it is too late. Also, it doesn’t really get cold. 
Staff at front desk can be surly and overwhelmed. Not very welcoming. 
Neighborhood is rather rough. Close to train station means crime and homelessness. 

The verdict? I’d stay for the convenience of the shuttle to the port (1.5 hours away), but I wouldn’t stay if I were just staying in Rome and not cruising. 

Hope this helps!

My DH & friends stayed there in 2019. NCL shuttled us airport to hotel to port as part of the package. I agree with  Eric S re his + and - .  We did not feel unsafe & we walked around in the area. We found some goid restaurants within walking distance. The rooftop bar was a big +. We stayed for 2 nights. A/C not an issue as it was Nov.

• 3 months later...

Has anybody been able to book this hotel through NCL recently?  Last October, I was told on the phone that I was booked for one night here for September 13, 2023, but I was waitlisted for September 1 & 2.  In following up to make sure all was set, I was now told by NCL that I am only waitlisted for both the pre and post cruise dates.

I wonder if NCL dropped their contract without replacing a hotel, but I could be wrong about that.  Thus, the reason for my question.  🤷‍♂️ 

We were supposed to stay there as a post cruise 2 nt stay in Rome. But NCL told my TA no rooms, so we looked at option B. I did like its vicinity to the train station as we wanted to do a Naples day tour. Instead we are staying at the HOTEL ROMANICO PALACE. The name sounds cheesy but my TA assured me that people are happy when they stay there and apparently its in a very good location. Will let you know after June 26. 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UCLAman said:

We were supposed to stay there as a post cruise 2 nt stay in Rome. But NCL told my TA no rooms, so we looked at option B. I did like its vicinity to the train station as we wanted to do a Naples day tour. Instead we are staying at the HOTEL ROMANICO PALACE. The name sounds cheesy but my TA assured me that people are happy when they stay there and apparently its in a very good location. Will let you know after June 26. 🙂

Please let us know if that hotel has shuttles to and from airport and cruise ship.

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Please let us know if that hotel has shuttles to and from airport and cruise ship.

I don't know the rules about posting prices from hotels/transportation and I don't want to get in trouble. I tried to sending you a DM but that feature is disabled apparently.

The hotel does not have a free shuttle but they do offer (very nice) transportation that can be booked through them. We are getting all transportation through them - port to hotel and then hotel to airport. Here is what they offer. I can send you the prices they quoted me if you email me - rizo@roadrunner.com

Greetings from Rome!

Greetings from Rome and thank you for choosing Hotel Romanico Palace!

To get you from your ship to Hotel Romanico Palace the fares are as follows:

-           Mercedes E Class ( or similar car type)  - fits 3 passengers and 3 large suitcases

-           Mercedes Van ( or similar car type) -  fits up from 4 to 6 passengers and suitcases

If you would like us to organize a pick up, please send us your ship details and which size car works best for you.

We can organize the pick-up service for your departure once you will be here in Hotel!

About tours, I need to know to which tour are you interested, information are different for any tour.

• Thanks 1